Should I Keto?

Options
Having a hard time deciding whether or not I should do the Keto diet. Is anyone doing this diet currently? Have any advice on how to get started? Thanks luv

Replies

• HelenGerdes
    HelenGerdes Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    @SueSueDio thank you! Great post! I def crave my Italian food and my naan for my Indian cuisine! I will try to stop consuming carbs when I have the right mindset and test the waters to see if this diet works for me. Thanks again friend!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    Panini911 wrote: »
    keto is just a way of eating. People maintain and even gain weight eating this way. some peoeple enjoy it as it keeps them full and they enjoy the foods that work well wtih keto.

Remember carbs are not only in bread and rice. they are in fruit and veggies and many other foods. and Keto is VERY low carb (you can alternatively eat just "lower carb" without going as far as Keto goes).

there is no need to do Keto to lose weight. especially if it's not a way of eating one finds filling or can see doing the rest of their life. the best way to lose weight is by practicing habits you will hopefully maintain for life to keep the weight off.

to lose weight, you need to eat fewer calories than your body uses over a period of time. that's it. pick a way of eating that is comfortable for you and keeps you full. personally my "diet" has no name. i eat foods i like, in moderation and ensure they fit in my calorie goal.

This. The only reasons to do keto are if you like to eat that way or if a doctor specifically told you to do it to treat a medical condition. Keto does not do anything special for weight loss. Weight loss happens in a calorie deficit, and keto is just one way that some people prefer to eat while in a deficit.

This^

Just quoted to say....I guessing someone doesn't know what the woo button means.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Can you half do keto? Isn't ketosis a binary state?
  • HelenGerdes
    Options
    @jdogg022 and @pinuplove not a literal stop ALL carbs just minimize em. I actually had luck at going to Costco this morning and getting some items that’ll smoothly transition me into this (:
  • HelenGerdes
    Options
    kat2475 wrote: »
    I have been following a ketogenic lifestyle since July and it has honestly changed my life. I have Lupus and it has helped my chronic pain and inflammation. As a very welcome side effect, I have lost 16 pounds and 6.5” off my hips, 4.5” off my waist. It has changed my relationship with food.

Awww yay! I’m happy it’s working out for you! Are you also working out on Keto? Or is working out something I should take lightly on it?