nut replacement

Options
So I eat alot of nuts every day, I also eat peanut butter every other day.
Nuts cause problems inside my mouth one nut at a dodgy angle and that's my mouth destroyed for a week.

Can i just replacement nuts for peanut butter???

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is just ground peanuts (with added oil sometimes), so yes, you can eat nut betters if you feel it's a good enough replacement.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,945 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Wait. What? Do you mean the sharpness hurts you?

You can buy almond butter or use a small chopper. You don't *have* to eat nuts. . :) If you just like nuts but they are pointy, the chopper will work.

GUEST_1d0ceda3-1127-4f14-8cd0-d352c778f862?wid=488&hei=488&fmt=pjpeg
  • Movemoreguy22
    Movemoreguy22 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Wait. What? Do you mean the sharpness hurts you?

You can buy almond butter or use a small chopper. You don't *have* to eat nuts. . :) If you just like nuts but they are pointy, the chopper will work.

GUEST_1d0ceda3-1127-4f14-8cd0-d352c778f862?wid=488&hei=488&fmt=pjpeg

Yeah their sharp and if there sitting in me mouth at a funny angle they stab me right in the gums and then it's dooms day for my mouth for a week..

I just eat peanut butter plus it's cheaper for me then
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You're shelling them first right? I mean, just asking, this is the only time I ever heard nuts described as sharp. I'm reminded of the person who though boiled eggs were gross because they were so crunchy... they thought you ate the shell.

:noway:
  • Movemoreguy22
    Options
    Puahahahahahaha
  • Movemoreguy22
    Options
    You're shelling them first right? I mean, just asking, this is the only time I ever heard nuts described as sharp. I'm reminded of the person who though boiled eggs were gross because they were so crunchy... they thought you ate the shell.

That was a great read hahahaha
  • cmriverside
    Options
    I said I get sore gums not broken teeth...

Honestly? I have very sensitive gums and teeth but nuts never bother me. Have you been to the dentist in the past year? There may be a health issue. I've never heard anything like this. It shouldn't be hurting for a week.
  • Movemoreguy22
    Options
    Well prob ain't a week I'm over guessing it, it's where I throw them in my mouth, chew like mad say an almond is at a funny angle stabs me in the gym when I slamming my teeth down and boom sore month for a little while
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options

i mean.....maybe just dont "slam" your teeth down? Dont mean to state the obvious but chew more careful and problem is gone is it not?
    Well prob ain't a week I'm over guessing it, it's where I throw them in my mouth, chew like mad say an almond is at a funny angle stabs me in the gym when I slamming my teeth down and boom sore month for a little while

• cmriverside
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »

i mean.....maybe just dont "slam" your teeth down? Dont mean to state the obvious but chew more careful and problem is gone is it not?

Right? :lol:

Of course I savor my 170 calories-per-ounce almonds, so they go in my mouth one at a time and I always know where the pointy parts are; right between my molars.
  • Movemoreguy22
    Options
    Ain't got time to eat slowly. on a building site so it's bam in your mouth and crack on
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,610 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »

I bite my cheek when I chew on gum unless I am very careful... which is not 100% of the time!

Nuts are a "high calories in a small package" item.

Nut butters are nuts turned into a paste.

Almond butter would have slightly different nutrients than peanut butter than cashew butter than walnut butter (if there were a walnut butter you could buy).

A variety is probably nicer for you as compared to ONLY eating peanut butter... but there is nothing wrong with a PB sandwich if you can afford the calories!!!
  • pawsout
    pawsout Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When eating for nutrient balance in our bodies, be aware that too much of one nutrient can create an imbalance of another nutrient which may go unnoticed for awhile. Here is a link "Effects of Eating Excess Nuts and the Right Intake" which might be helpful. https://www.md-health.com/eating-too-many-nuts.html
    Years ago I experienced some troubles from imbalances by eating too many of certain types of nuts.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,080 Member
    Options
    I said I get sore gums not broken teeth...

Honestly? I have very sensitive gums and teeth but nuts never bother me. Have you been to the dentist in the past year? There may be a health issue. I've never heard anything like this. It shouldn't be hurting for a week.

That's a good question, and I didn't see where you answered it (apologies if I missed it).

What you're reporting sounds really odd and unusual, as if your gums may be over-sensitive. There are some gum issues that can be a precursor to more serious health problems, so if you have unusual sensitivity, that wouldn't be a thing to take lightly.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Perhaps cashews are softer to chew than almonds if you really enjoy nuts.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,428 Member
    Options
    Y’all don’t laugh, but when we were in Europe during the holidays we bought a bag of roasted chestnuts from a street vendor. All holiday good cheery, warm and fuzzy, right? We were saying,”ewww, what’s the big deal? These are kinda gross. Why would people write songs about these?!”

We got through half the bag before we realized everyone else nearby was cracking the shells and eating the innards.

Boy, did we feel dumb. At least we scored a triple ration of fiber that day, lol.

We’ve also had visitors here who thought you were supposed to eat the whole boiled peanut, since the shells are so soft.

Lesson being, never assume people know what you think to be elementary.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Time for a trip to the dentist.