As anyone concerned this and been sucessful

Options
Has anyone decided to just eat to only only lose a half a pound a week? I’m not referring to people that have the last 10 or 15 pounds to go. Can someone tell me if it really works. I’m tired of stressing over dieting. I just need a little more calories.

Replies

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight just fine at 0.5 lb/week, but keep in mind that you will have a small deficit and a few logging errors can wipe it out. With a small deficit, it becomes even more important to weigh all your food.
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    If you have a phone, download the free Happy Scale. It's hard to see your progress at 0.5 lbs. per week loss, what with daily water fluctuations, but if you record your weight on the app you'll see the downward trend and it'll definitely help you see your progress.
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I have my loss set for 1 pound/week, but I frequently go over my calorie goal. If I’m really hungry, I eat. As long as I’m below maintenance, I’ll lose over time, and what’s the rush? I like giving myself that flexibility, it feels relaxed and sustainable. My trend is 0.75/week at present. Good luck!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I lost weight on the slower side. Mostly a pound per week and about 1/2 pound per week for the last 20 pounds or so.

It worked really well for me. I'm an active person and needed the calories.

Also, losing slower has seemed to help the transition to maintenance easier, helped to keep the weight off long-term and minimized loose skin.

Good luck!
  • Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I did for most of my journey - took the long and slow rad for my own benefit
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I lost about 1.1 pounds per week for the first six months, then about 0.7 pounds per week for the next six months, then about 0.4 pounds per week for the next six months, and then about 0.25 pounds per week for the last six months. It worked fine. You have to be a lot more careful about logging carefully if you're going to maintain a small deficit, though.