And why?

Just curious :)

Replies

• raven04
    raven04 Posts: 1
    Options
  • fueledbystina
    Options
    My net today is -94 but I still have to eat dinner tonight so it'll get into the positives. I walked a LOT today and I haven't been very hungry lately so it's been really low the last few days. (:
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    Side note... Is that you ice skating??? I skated for 10 years... I was an ice dancer. :heart:
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Not as many as I should. My goal is a bit over 1500. I definitely eat those, but then I work out late at night, get huge burns, and there's just no way I'm going to eat between 500 and 800 calories within an hour of me going to bed.

I know...bad girl.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    1600. Because it's a healthy point for me.
  • bigislandgrrl
    bigislandgrrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    1700 - 1800 depending on how many calories I worked off. I DONT freak out if I go OVER by 100-300 either. Why? you ask... because Im set to lose 2lbs a week and have about a 500 calorie wiggle area.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Not as many as I should. My goal is a bit over 1500. I definitely eat those, but then I work out late at night, get huge burns, and there's just no way I'm going to eat between 500 and 800 calories within an hour of me going to bed.

I know...bad girl.

If you know you're going to burn a lot late at night, eat ahead. That's what I do.
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I have had NET calories of anywhere between 300 and 2,400 per day. I usually average about 1,450 per day.
    The reason for the huge variance is that I commute by bicycle to work 2 or 3 times per week. I generally eat between 2,000 and 2,500 calories per day. The calories consumed by my commute are around 1,800 per day.

So 2,500 - 1,800 = 700 net on the days I ride. On the days I don't ride, 2,000 - 0 = 2,000. It all tends to work out in the long run. Of course winter is coming. I live in Montana, USA. I don't commute in the winter. My schedule and workout activity will change completely in about a month from now.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    2500 because it's maintenance + 250
  • akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Side note... Is that you ice skating??? I skated for 10 years... I was an ice dancer. :heart:

Yes that's me! I train with a LOT of ice dancers-they're amazing to watch :O
  • moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I usually net about 2000. That's what MFP has me at for a 2lb loss.

Today though.. well.. I have guests. I kinda went up to 2400
  • NeonNikki
    NeonNikki Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    bump
    :)
  • Dinob661
    Dinob661 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    When I first started I was netting about 1200.... now I am netting between 1500-1700
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    And why?

Just curious :)

What about you, OP?
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    1350. It was 1200 (set to lose a pound a week) however, I was angry and starving all the time so I upped it. I'm small though and I only have 8 lbs to lose.
  • akaChuck
    Options
    It depends on the type of day, if I'm not skating or working out I'll net 1,300 but if I'm training I net usually 1,600-1,800...all healthy food of course ;)
  • mrselbow
    mrselbow Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I net between 700-1200 max. I'm not so sure about eating back exercise calories yet so I'm not doing it most days.
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I net between 1200-1300 at the end of the day!
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options

Taso, what is your average calorie intake and average calories expended now that you're at goal?
    Did you progressively reduce your calorie deficit as you got closer to maintenance, or did you increase the deficit for the last few pounds of weight-loss?
    I've heard both experiences... wondering what your experience was.
  • akaChuck
    Options

Taso, what is your average calorie intake and average calories expended now that you're at goal?
    Did you progressively reduce your calorie deficit as you got closer to maintenance, or did you increase the deficit for the last few pounds of weight-loss?
    I've heard both experiences... wondering what your experience was.

Good point, I'd like to eventually increase my intake but don't want to go about it the wrong ways.