Easter 2019 foods, dinner/breakfast/brunch?

Nerys52
Nerys52 Posts: 86 Member
With Easter 2019 next weekend. What are your plans for dinner? Any special foods for breakfast or brunch and dinner?
My DD is overseas student at college in US.We still miss her at meal times so not in the mood for a complete Easter dinner. S/O and I have different food tastes so will be a variety festive Smorrebrod.
Danish open sandwiches.
And a simple breakfast: Easter sweet bread, butter, jam, boiled eggs,fruit juice, coffee and tea.

Replies

• lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    I'm not really planning anything special because we'll be visiting both sides of the family and there will be plenty of leftovers that our families will force us to take home.

However, I am going to thaw out a ham I got for $5 after Christmas and cook that on Friday. I plan on making haluski with some of the ham as well.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    I know how you must be missing your daughter. My daughter did a semester abroad when she was in college. It just so happens her first week there was Easter week. She and some friends went to Dublin for Easter weekend (they were in England for the semester). They toured Europe for 3 weeks after the semester was finished. She had the time of her life.

We are having brunch (husband is working 2 pm to10 pm). Egg bake, fresh fruit, and Kringle. My daughter and I are going to a movie in the afternoon.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    There were a few times that we didn't do extended family Easter because my dad wasn't feeling well, so we actually went out to eat. It was a nice change of setting to make up for not having the rest of the family around.

This year there is drama in the extended family, so we are just doing Easter with the immediate family again. I'm making macaroni and cheese and green beans, and my parents are making ham, mashed potatoes, and deviled eggs. My brother is bringing dessert.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Deviled eggs, raw vegetables, dip, olives
    Ham, mashed potatoes, baked beans
    Coconut cake

We are not doing a special breakfast or anything else.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,793 Member
    Breakfast will be usual stuff and it's just 3 of us, so we'll do ham, a veggie (haven't decided which yet) and then I'm doing a reeses surprise thing for dessert that found on pinterest
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Saturday will be a Greek Easter dinner at my parents' house. Roast lamb, potatoes, okra, and green beans all in homemade tomato-cinnamon sauce. Soooo good.

Sunday I am hosting my in-laws. I'm making pork roast, broccoli-cheese risotto, and roasted carrots. Gotta get one of those lamb-shaped butters....
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    Some kind of lamb, probably rack, potatoes, some spring-oriented vegetable sides (although it's technically too early). Plus deviled eggs.
  • cheriej2042
    cheriej2042 Posts: 241 Member
    Easter Brunch/Cheat Day (first cheat day in 3 months): Going to a local restaurant for eggs benedict, bacon, potatoes, hopefully waffles, shrimp, unlimited champagne and a See's chocolate marshmallow egg that I've been saving. I think I will be doing my weigh in on Sunday before I go. And I'm hiking a few extra miles on Saturday but I still think I am going to gain weight from this. >:)
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Marshmellow Peeps......WOO HOO!!!
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Going out for Easter Brunch with the whole family. Menu below! o:)

fi79aph4n0vi.jpg

This will be my first non-keto meal in over 45 days.
  • RelCanonical
    Dear god that's an amazing brunch. I would die.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    How are Baby Back Ribs brunch??? :D
  • RelCanonical

ALL IS BRUNCH. BRUNCH IS 42.
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    being raised as an italian catholic, i thought everyone ate raviolis on easter like i do. guess not.

so yeah...ravioli and lamb. with assorted easter breads and yummies.
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    that brunch is fairly reasonable in price considering all you get, wow.
  • RelCanonical
    thanos5 wrote: »
    being raised as an italian catholic, i thought everyone ate raviolis on easter like i do. guess not.

so yeah...ravioli and lamb. with assorted easter breads and yummies.

My extended family is remarkably unflexible when it comes to family holiday foods. They thought it was weird that I was bringing macaroni and cheese, and made a fuss when another family member brought a non-traditional form of green bean casserole.
  • SchweddyGirl
    SchweddyGirl Posts: 244 Member
    Breakfast: Bagel and Lox, Lunch: Church Potluck, Dinner: Ham Steak, honey roasted carrots, four cheese scalloped potatoes, dinner rolls, and carrot cake.
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    I am going to a Easter Brunch with family. I will make some healthy choices and some not so healthy choices. I am not going to focus on it to much as it is one day out of the week. Enjoy.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,130 Member
    Just a regular day in my house since the kids are all grown up with their own families, and they don't live near by. Maybe I can convince my husband to do a BBQ for the two of us. Restaurants get very crowded during the holidays and we don't do buffets or brunches.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member

How is it not? Brunch = Breakfast + Lunch. :#