To the tall women out there!!

Options

Replies

• prettyash76
    Options
    I shop at JCPenny. Also, jcpenny has tall lenght in their shirts and workout clothes
  • prettyash76
    Options
    Oh, the shirts and workout clothes in tall are online
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I still am going to recommened New york and company. Try the different styles; maybe you need a smaller size if they are becoming too loose. I am 5'10 as well and ONLY wear this brand of pants. I love american eagle jeans as you can order them online in extra long and they are the perfect length to wear with heels/ boots.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Old Navy (these usually produce a huge about of waist band gap-age though), JC Penney (Liz Claiborne Chelsea), and Kohls (the Levi's there are pretty affordable and a lot come in "longs").
  • awelch79
    awelch79 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I agree...and have the same issues(5'10" and size 8-10) and I love Kohls and Old Navy. Penneys isnt bad either.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and rarely ever can find long enough pants at Kohls.

I'd have suggested NY&Company too. Maybe you want to try buying a size smaller there...and once they stretch, you'll be all set?

JC Penney has a lot of talls as well. Sometimes you have to order from the catalog, but it might be worth it! If you do need more jeans, every tall girl I know loves Victoria's Secret for getting long enough inseams to pair with heels.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and rarely ever can find long enough pants at Kohls.

I'd have suggested NY&Company too. Maybe you want to try buying a size smaller there...and once they stretch, you'll be all set?

JC Penney has a lot of talls as well. Sometimes you have to order from the catalog, but it might be worth it! If you do need more jeans, every tall girl I know loves Victoria's Secret for getting long enough inseams to pair with heels.
  • iamrobyn
    iamrobyn Posts: 85
    Options
    I am about 5'9 and at the begining of my weight loss. I can't wait to have this problem! I'll be watching for early research.
  • jchester71
    jchester71 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am not a tall woman, but my wife is 5'11" and she swears by Victoria's Secret (She says their tall is actually tall not just non-short.
  • NatalieWiley
    NatalieWiley Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Express! They carry tall. You may have to order online though to get the Tall length

express.com
  • SugarBaby1987
    SugarBaby1987 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Old Navy. Their jeans are sold at a reasonable price, and they come in different lengths.
  • famc17
    famc17 Posts: 4
    Options
    Kohl's has tall in their "Stretchy" jeans. The ones I have don't stretch out by the end of the day, they stay a "little" clingy, but not too clingy. They are by Gloria Vanderbuilt. My favorite thing about them (besides they stretch so they are comfortable around the waist), even though I'm a size 16 in regular pants, I wear a 14 in these. Great Mental Plus!

Congratulations on your success!

Felicia
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Options
    Oh, I just remembered...I got a couple pairs of Arizona brand khaki type pants at JCP last year and they came in long (looked good with heels at work). I remember having a coupon and there was a good sale going on, so they didn't cost a lot.

Good luck...dress pants are a pain when it comes to length (unless you want to spend big bucks on higher-end designer brands).
  • kiwikara
    kiwikara Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I go to American Eagle and Victorias Secret Online!! They have 36" inseams!
  • Tiffani3089
    Tiffani3089 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am 6'2 and a size 14.. I usually buy my jeans at the Buckle, American Eagle, and NY&Co--You may have great luck with AE Jeans.. Your not as tall as I am so their Talls would work well for you. ( I have to order the XTalls online ..BLAH!) Sometimes you can get some good sales at the Buckle... go in and try it out.. their jeans are AMAZING totally worth the money.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I been hitting the thrift stores and other places like Plato's Closet for second hand clothing while I am in transition. Beats paying the high prices for something you will be out of in a few months.
  • AmyS618
    AmyS618 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and have regular success with Maurice's and Gap/Gap Outlet. Old Navy is hit or miss with length. The upshot is that Gap/Old Navy.com (same parent company, so the sites are all linked) have tall (36" inseam), in addition to long (34" inseam). They also have free shipping on orders over $50, and it is pretty easy to find promotions for 20 to 30% off. Plus, you can make online order returns at your local store (but they sent a label for free return shipping with my order, too!). I ordered both talls and longs in the pants I was interested in, then made my decision because sometimes I can get away with a 34" inseam (not sure why this is). I was really happy overall.
  • meechellebelle
    Options
    Since you mentioned not wanting to spend a ton because you're still shrinking (go you!) I'd suggest Rue21. Seriously, I get jeans there for $5-10 on sale, they have curvy and regular fit, and I've always found them long enough. I am 5'10" myself, and have the same trouble finding jeans long enough. I also have great luck with Levi's, believe it or not. I do great with their average length, but the Talls are definitely nice and long. I am a size 9/11, depending on the brand, and have had good luck with both. Happy shopping!
  • cathyschnelle
    Options
    i'm 6 foot jc penny on line or catalog has talls and ultra talls pretty reasonable prices too.
    cathy
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Alloy.com or Delias.com

I swear by their jeans...all super cute and CHEAP! If you shop the sale section you can find jeans for $19.99. Both stores have jeans with inseams up to 37"- amazing for us tall women. I usually go with a 34" or 35" inseam and I'm 5' 9". I love my jeans to be super long! :) Good luck and congrats on all of your success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!