Body By Vi...Does it Work?

Options
I was thinking of trying this I wanted to know has anyone had any success with this?

Replies

• Erin_26
    Erin_26 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine does it and has lost about 10 lbs in 2 months.

But it comes down to calorie restriction, so IMO, just cut down your calories and save the money the shakes cost.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I started my weight loss journey with body by vi, and I made it like 3 days and realized that I wasn't into drinking 2 meals a day :) I continued to use 1 shake for breakfast and have kept that up for about 4 months.... I know some people it works for, but to be honest (as the other poster said) it comes down to caloric reduction, and you can lose weight just as fast (or faster) on here without shakes, than with shakes. Find what works for you --- I have learned over the last six years as a yo-yo, that exercise and a healthy diet is all that you need :) I use shakes for convenience.

Good luck!
  • anniecannie
    Options
    I use body by vi.... I only drink a smoothie every morning... and in 28 days I have lost 22lbs!!!!
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I just had a shake for lunch today. I had someone send me a sample. The taste is awesome! I am really wanting to try this... Takes out the guessing in what I will have for breakfast and lunch.
  • ilikejam33
    ilikejam33 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Check out this link, my moms friend was looking into it but decided not to after a lot of research.
    http://bodybyviprogram.com/bodybyvi-reviews

The main downside seems to be that like all other meal replacement programs is that eventually you need to eat "regular" again and end up gaining the weight back.

FYI moms friend decided to get good quality proterin powder and have a protein shake everymorning instead. Its working great for her so far, and I have stated doing it too.

What ever you decide good luck :)
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    It does take awhile to get used to "drinking" two meals a day. But it has increased my energy, helped me lose inches, gain muscle, ect... There are thousands of recipes you can use so there can always be something different. You never have to worry about what you are going to eat/make, it is great for children b/c of the nutrition in the shake. My daughter hears the blender and comes running b/c she knows it is shake time, lol! Check out the videos here, it explains it better than me, lol

http://lishtals.bodybyvi.net

also, it can help you save money on groceries b/c you can get your kit for free and even some insurance companies cover the cost of your kit! something to check out if you are serious about wanting to start this!
  • theresamommyof4
    theresamommyof4 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that sells it and he's earned a BMW doing it :D He's also lost some weight, so I know it works! I just can't want to drink any of my meals. I like food too much! But if you want me to send you his email address, let me know!
  • bf41382
    bf41382 Posts: 51
    Options
    It does take awhile to get used to "drinking" two meals a day. But it has increased my energy, helped me lose inches, gain muscle, ect... There are thousands of recipes you can use so there can always be something different. You never have to worry about what you are going to eat/make, it is great for children b/c of the nutrition in the shake. My daughter hears the blender and comes running b/c she knows it is shake time, lol! Check out the videos here, it explains it better than me, lol

also, it can help you save money on groceries b/c you can get your kit for free and even some insurance companies cover the cost of your kit! something to check out if you are serious about wanting to start this!
  • bf41382
    bf41382 Posts: 51
    Options

Sorry, I guess I thought the computer was reading my mind...

I agree! I've been on the "official challenge" since Aug. 1 and have only lost 5 lbs, but my BMI had dropped significantly. I've been drinking the shakes since July 1 and have lost 15 lbs since then. Yes, they do cost, but they are meal replacements and if you use them as such it's cheaper than buying breakfast and lunch somewhere. I was able to get 3 people to join the challenge with me and I'm getting my Visalus for free next time.

On another note..One lady who joined the challenge with me started just last week and had lost 4 lbs. She was quite hesitant and took it to her nutrtionist who "approved" of the product. She is diabetic and on 2 medications. At her Dr's appt yesterday he was impressed at how her numbers looked and has already lowered the dose of 1 of her medications. It's definatley worth a serious look and there is a 30 day money back guarantee.

B/C of the "no ad" policy I will not post my distributors web site, but would be happy to provide you with it if you message me.
  • susanb_16
    susanb_16 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it since April and I'm on my second 90 day challenge. If you are interested let me know. I am a distributor and I'd love to answer any questions you might have.
  • sittoojo5
    sittoojo5 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    All you are doing is "cutting calories" by using these drinks. The problem with any of these protein drinks is that eventually you will have to start eating "healthy" and once you do the weight returns. You're better off just keeping track of your calorie intake, eat solid food, take a vitamin if need be and exercise. YOU WILL LOOSE WEIGHT!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!