New to MFP and discouraged to see the same results...

Options
So I joined a couple days ago as an app for my phone. I have basically just been using it as a food intake counter and an exercise counter to keep track. So today while at work, seeing as everyone else has decided not to come in today, I decided to paruse the online version.
I am NEVER one to post on any online message boards of any kind; BUT, seeing as I have just moved to a new city by myself and in need of loosing 35-40 lbs to fit into my wardrobe again, I need some support and motivation.

I have attempted this feat time and time again and I always get the same results, I work at it hard for weeks. Good healthy diet plan, watch my calories, lots of water, cut out the booze and hit the gym 4-6 days a week. Basically, I bust my butt. Then I jump on the scale for the first time since I started my feat, and WHAT THE ^&*(^^$*(&*%%!!!!! I have somehow gained weight!! Then I proceed to march down to the grocery store, locate the freezer section, and find the most calorie packed ice cream available. Oh, and I order pizza before I leave for the grocery store.

Does someone have any suggestions or come across this same hurdle??

Replies

• bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? May not be enough
  • spyork
    spyork Posts: 187
    Options
    Hi,

My good friends Ben & Jerry ambush me on a regular basis so i feel your pain, if you would like help or advice or motivation add me.

Cheers
    Scott
  • jpaden
    jpaden Posts: 21
    Options
    Go for the long haul. Try easing in to the workout- only do it three times a week- so you don't feel like you are busting your butt.
    Also change it up a bit- try hot yoga or something else other than the treadmill. :)

Try changing the type of calories you are eating. Make sure you have enough water and low sodium. For me not all calories are created equal and I will lose weight better on a low GI/low carb diet. But that type of diet is a long term lifestyle thing, not a short term lose 30-40 lbs thing.

AND focus on Non Scale Victories. Take your measurements before and during and see if you are seeing a change that isn't reflected on the scale.
    Good Luck!