Five foot eight woman

Options
Hi I'm Victoria. I am about five foot eight, wear size eight pants and dresses, and weigh about 180 pounds. What is a healthy pants size, weight, and waist size for me?

Replies

• cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Mathematical ideal golden ratio number is 1.618
    http://primehealthsolutions.org/perfect-female-body-measurements-hourglass-shape/

Measure your hips, waist and chest.
    Divide your chest measurement by waist measurement.
    Divide your hips by waist.

Per the "ideal" (based on Greek sculptures) these numbers should be around 1.618, or maybe a bit lower depending on preferences.

The inverse might be easier to visualize (everything in inches):
    1) Waist Measurement=Height x 0.375
    68" * 0.375 = 25.5"
    Wrap the tape at the narrowest point around the hips

2) Bust Measurement=Waist Measurement x 1.5
    25.5" * 1.5 = 38.25"
    Wrap the tape at the widest part around the chest

3) Hip Measurement: Same as Bust Measurement
    38.25"
    Wrap the tape at the widest part around the buttocks.

Your weight, pants size, etc. would fall into a range to approach these numbers.

Research the "Golden Ratio For Women" to learn more.

Ultimately it is your body. How do YOU want to look?
    "Healthy" can mean different things to a lot of people.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Victoria. I am about five foot eight, wear size eight pants and dresses, and weigh about 180 pounds. What is a healthy pants size, weight, and waist size for me?

There isn't going to be one right answer to any of those questions.

The healthy weight range for your height, based on BMI, is 125-163 lbs. Where in that range is best for you depends upon your gender, genetics, your lifestyle, your body fat distribution, etc. Once you get into the healthy weight range, it's up to you and your doctor to determine where is "best". Some people will even be outliers and be fine outside of that range, but it's a good starting point.

I believe the typical suggestion for a healthy waist measurement is 31" or less for a woman, or 37" or less for a male. But you can google and check me on that.

Pant sizes are at best arbitrary, there is no such thing as a "healthy" pant size. The measurements are set and changed by clothing manufacturers and can differ by style, target demographic, and country of origin.
  • victorinadoavocado73
    Options
    Thank you, that was helpful :)