New to the community

Options
I have been at this weight loss thing for my whole life. At least as far back as the 3rd grade I remember it being a constant struggle to lose weight, not eat junk, be more active, and now in my thirties the journey continues. The up side is that there is much more clarity as to why I became fat in the first place. Food was a comfort, a refuge, my friend, and now my drug. I am motivated now to start again, the work of going forward using the tools available to reach my goal of an active lifestyle. Today my emphasis lay in making the effort to stay active, to get moving and stay moving, no matter what. At this time I am completely sedentary as I am healing from a broken leg and have been off work and stuck in my 3rd floor (no elevator) apt for over a month now. I am hoping to transition to a boot so that I can begin walking on my leg again. From there I hope to work intensely with physical therapist to gain strength and movement and gradually gain a doable exercise routine. I am using Facebook and this site along with Take Shape for Life to aid in my efforts to finally lose this weight. I am grateful for friends that are supportive and in turn I hope to inspire others to go after what they want for their lives as well. Hello All!

Replies

• Zumbagirl34
    Zumbagirl34 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When you can identify "why" you eat, that is half the battle. I too suffer from eating for comfort. It is as addictive as drugs. I am determined as you are to win this batlle. It is a battle against "ourselves".
  • fyfi_fendir
    fyfi_fendir Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to the emotional eating. I am not finally loosing weight but it took me lots of emotional work to get there. I'll help. Just add me as your friend.