I am so exhausted today, could it be from working out too mu

Options
Is there such thing as working out too much? And how do you know when to stop?
I woke up today feeling completely exhausted and in the past few days have had massive calorie burns... I cannot think of anything else that it would be? What should I do? My weekly goal is 210 mins and I have already exercised for 343 which is just mon-wed and aiming for 1490 cals burned but have burnt 2263.... Is this too much? Is there such thing?

Replies

• Murphk323
    Murphk323 Posts: 184
    Options
    Listen to your body and relax.
    This happened to me today, actually. My brain wanted to workout but my body wasn't having it. My lower body is so sore! and I feel all around exhausted.
    I'm going to take a break for a day or two.
  • calebespnsmommie
    calebespnsmommie Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body girl!! I get the same way when I do a lot of calorie burn workouts many days in a row. I told myself I was going to relax today and not do anything, yet I didnt. You just have to take a day to relax and let your body heal itself. You will feel better if you do :)
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    if you are doing a lot of cardio you should take a break once a week or so.
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. There are days that my body just says "enough is enough". You should listen to your body and know when to say when. Give yourself an exercise break as needed.
  • ehlertmartha
    Options
    Is there such thing as working out too much? And how do you know when to stop?
    I woke up today feeling completely exhausted and in the past few days have had massive calorie burns... I cannot think of anything else that it would be? What should I do? My weekly goal is 210 mins and I have already exercised for 343 which is just mon-wed and aiming for 1490 cals burned but have burnt 2263.... Is this too much? Is there such thing?

I have been feeling the same way trying to take a day off today but i keep telling myself i need to work out but to tired too grrr its frustrating at times
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    well that depends, how many days a week do you work out? and for how long? do you have rest days when you dont work out you just rest?

i work out 5xs a week for a hr or more and sometimes i have trouble sleeping when i work out i work out hard and end up in a pool of sweat each session, the past few days i have had trouble sleeping i have been wide awake at 3 &4 am but i still get up to work out as early as 6am ( i give my self no room for excuses), i usually hit the gym mon wed fridays to run on the treadmill, but this past monday i could not find my "rhythem" i usually dont stop while im running but i had to finish it out by walking i still completed my workout, but started to beat myself up because i had to stop i was so tired, anyway i have learned to brush it off and keep moving, ok so on tues i did cardio workout at home and went on a power walk in the park for a hour, today i went back to the gym, not only did i do my run i uped the speed and still had energy when i was done. long story short :/ were just human the body does gets tired and we all need to rest when our body tells us to, i think working out to much is when you have a injury or are sick but you still workout or if your body is in some kind of pain, to me thats just crazy, you need to rest take the time to heal then get back in the game.

sometimes rest is all we need so take off a day or two and just relax when you feel rested restart your workouts again you should be fine.

hope this helps.

good luck
  • pandabuhr79
    Options
    i'm kind of in the same boat where my body's like "REST!" but i'm afraid that if i don't exercise then i won't start again (as i've done in the past), but i'm taking 2 days off and will make myself start again on friday. can't do it every single day. and if you REALLY still want to exercise, maybe even just do something light, like a short walk or something. but i think it's still productive to let your body rest. and enjoy it! :)