"I can't do this on my own" and "I need help"

Yesterday I started my new journey working with Ohio State Universities comprehensive weight management department. It is humbling to say, "I can't do this on my own" and "I need help" but that is exactly what I did. I am currently in the process of being evaluated for bariatric surgery (Gastric Sleeve) but there is a lot to do before that happens. I have learned a lot about myself in this short time and I feel like I have made the right decision in asking for help.

Replies

• 2fast4ewe
    2fast4ewe Posts: 51 Member
    Good luck on your journey!
  • rosie5456
    rosie5456 Posts: 18 Member
    My friend, you indeed have made the right decision.... I made the same one 14 years ago. You must remember, they are giving you an awesome tool to assist with your weight loss journey. Use this tool wisely following all of their recommendations and you will be successful.... I know I was.
  • HulkDiesel77
    HulkDiesel77 Posts: 219 Member
    Thanks for the kind words everyone!
  • perpetuallyfit
    perpetuallyfit Posts: 153 Member
    Good luck!
  • suzettedees
    suzettedees Posts: 85 Member
    Yesterday I started my new journey working with Ohio State Universities comprehensive weight management department. It is humbling to say, "I can't do this on my own" and "I need help" but that is exactly what I did. I am currently in the process of being evaluated for bariatric surgery (Gastric Sleeve) but there is a lot to do before that happens. I have learned a lot about myself in this short time and I feel like I have made the right decision in asking for help.

Asking for help is hard. I’ve had to do it too. I felt out of control not just with diet but my whole life (long story but short story was a car accident that left me in chronic pain). I went to my doctor feeling like an embarrassed failure. My fantastic doctor was very supportive and helped guide me to the resources I needed to get my life back.
    I’ve lost 51 pounds in 2 years not an incredible amount by some people’s standards but, an accomplishment to me. I have 10-15 to go. I fell in love with kickboxing and weight training and learned to eat for nutrition.
    Asking for help is courageous! Good luck with your journey.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    All the best to you. I'm sure Ohio State's services are top notch. You're going to be getting great care.
  • Nfedewa9442
    Nfedewa9442 Posts: 30 Member
    Good luck! Nothing is wrong in asking for help, it’s what you do after asking for said help. As mush as it pains me to say, OSU is a great place.
  • MirandaOrange
    MirandaOrange Posts: 5 Member
    You are getting it done... nothing wrong with asking for help and it's awesome that you are doing so at a top facility. Go Bucks! If you need an accountability partner, I'm here!
  • tinamhg
    tinamhg Posts: 1 Member
    Congratulations! You got this 💪💪
  • legalsec1234a
    legalsec1234a Posts: 12 Member
    Prayers and encouragement on your journey!!!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    I had my sleeve procedure 3 weeks ago and I could not be more happy... between the diet changes that started in January, the 10 day liquid only diet, and the 3 weeks post-op I have lost 30lbs of fat off my body! It is still work, and you need to follow what the doctors and nutritionist say... but so far the success has been real!
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    It truly was life changing when I finally asked for help. Sending positive thoughts your way and wishing you nothing but success and happiness!