BLENDERS! Any opinions on which one to buy?

Options
Hi everyone! I seriously need to buy a blender. All these delicious and HEALTHY smoothie recipes on here look delicious! I have yet to make a strawberry banana almond butter smoothie with maybe some protein :)

However i'm looking for a blender with good reviews and not so expensive.. any recommendations?

Replies

• kerrylou150
    Options
    a ninja
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    immersion blender
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Ninja
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I have the Magic Bullet and am in love with it!
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I have a Magic Bullet and I love it, but my next blender purchase will definitely be a Ninja.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Ninja for sure. Magic Bullet is a close second.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    double post, sticky mouse is going in the Ninja!!!
  • SpeedBump1
    SpeedBump1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Didn't read the end.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Consumer Reports top pick is the Vita Mix. But that's $450 so definitely not cheap. lol Their second pick is the Ninja Master Prep Professional QB1004, which is much cheaper.
  • PMWiggi
    PMWiggi Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Where I'm from, everyone is all ga-ga about the bullet line! I bought a knock off and it's just as good, imho! I was going to buy the mini-bullet just for smoothies but they didn't have any on the shelf that day. I'm happy with my knock off and I saved a few dollars too.:happy:
  • chef970
    chef970 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    go to food network.com and search in the Alton Brown section for his pick of a great blender or you can go to Americastestkitchen.com and search their product testing on blenders...hope this helps.
  • cuarrech
    cuarrech Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Vita-Mix. Yes it's expensive, but it pays for itself over time with the great company record, product longevity and warranty, and ease of use. It makes quick and smoooooth work of almost anything, and the added plunger makes making thick smoothies easy. I figured that a lot of the money spent up front was money and hassle not spent later when cheaper blenders (that I've had) inevitably break and need replacing and/or can't process what I want. I am not affiliated with the company, I just love mine that much.
  • laspivey31768
    laspivey31768 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Don't have a suggestion for the blender, but
    please tell where you get the almond butter.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Consumer reports top 5 were:

VitaMix 5200
    Hamilton Beach Tempest HBH650
    Oster BCFB08
    Breville Ikon BBL600XL
    L'Equip 228

Cheapest they liked was the KitchenAid KSB560 for $130 - I paid $100 for mine and love it.
  • nanaykat
    Options
    i have the hamilton personal blender. I LOVE IT!! it is super easy to use. u have the cup then the lid which can be used to drink your smoothie as well. i bought mine from target for like $12. it doesnt taske much space since it,s tiny and it holds up pretty good. i am even thinking of giving them as gifts for the holidays. super easy to use, wirkd so well, and easy to wash!!:smile:
  • vaughny
    vaughny Posts: 145
    Options
    i have been researching this this past weekend here is what i think
    VitaMix 1300watts
    Ninja master prep (looks similar to vita mix) 1000w only about $100
    CusineArt 700 watts
    Reg Ninja 450 watts

I have a reg ninja, I also have a cuisine art (in the basement) I want something stronger. the reg ninja (which i am calling this is the one that you basically put the motor on top and press the button) doesn't really do well w/frozen fruit its ok but not awesome, I really want to get the Ninja master prep its the closest thing i can find to a vitamix but only $100
  • nicothepotato
    nicothepotato Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I have a Ninja Warrior Stick blender and it comes with a food processor container too. It's pretty amazing. I love that I don't have to put things into another container to blend. I cooked beans in the crock pot: Bam! smooth mashed beans still in the crock pot. It cost me about $50 at Target. I'm so glad I decided to spend the extra $30 instead of buying the cheapie.
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    THANKYOU EVERYONE FOR THE RESPONSES!! :)

Don't have a suggestion for the blender, but
    please tell where you get the almond butter.

Trader Joes!
  • mamashatzie
    mamashatzie Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I love the magic bullet, it's fantastic. I love making a smoothie directly in the cup, rather than making it in a blender and pouring into a cup. Plus I have like 6 cups, 3 other blending jars, and 4 blades for it, so if one is dirty I can just grab another one.

I also have an immersion (stick) blender that I use for cooking, but I've never used it to make smoothies.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I have this and love it:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Oster-Hand-Blender/10285443

it's multifunctional and robust.