Getting discouraged...

Options
It seems like I go through bouts of depression (i have a complicated marriage and home life) and will emotionally eat, because who cares anyway? And then all the work I did the week before, or month before, is ruined.

I have to remember that I am doing this for me, not anyone else, but my weight has always been tied up in my emotions, even when I was a kid. I realize that I am the only one who can manage my emotions and my weight, but some days it seems like too much work to get skinny again. :(

Anyone else had this problem?

Replies

• tauny78
    tauny78 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I definitely do! When I get down about something, everything starts getting to me. I'm doing a lot better lately in controlling my eating when I'm down though. We have to find other ways to deal with our stress and emotions. Try going for a walk, talking to friends, or even getting online and use MFP as an outlet. Message your friends here, or offer advice and encouragement. We all have slip ups and bad days. It's how we go on from there that counts! I have found that my friends on MFP help me out more than just about anything else! Good luck! Add me if you like :)
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    i've been dealing with this the last month too and basically ruined the lowest weight id ever had since i was in middle school im up about 6lbs i try and then something happens where i just say f it.... mostly money has been doing this to me lately and its not even that i have that much to worry about i live with my parents and they buy food and i have a job...but i always seem to be out of money especially with paying for school so i eat because it makes me feel better and i keep trying to figure out what i need to do to get back on the wagon full time again like id been doing for like 8 months idk but i understand fully the emotional eating thing
  • levigal
    levigal Posts: 54
    Options
    I am an emotional eater as well. I was just tellin sumone today about that. There was a time I sat and eat an entire box of pecan sandies and quart of milk. Afterwards I felt like crap for doin it and my belly hurt too. MFP is a wonderful help for me. I luv it. I'm new to it and have only ben doing this since Last Friday but I know that I will have success this time around. The encourament from my friends and being able to view their diaries is a great asset to me. They are people I can confide in and their diaries help me to see where I can improve, give me great food ideas and simply shows me that I'm not the only one that "messes" up sumtimes. I'd be more than happy to be ur buddie. Just drop me a request.

Remember You're Not Alone on this journey :-)

One more thing......I'm noticing that when I encourage others on here that it makes me realize that I too am worth it!
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    From the info on your profile looks like you recently had a baby. Have you considered post -partum depression might be causing some of your emotional issues. You may want to see out some professional counciling to help you get a handle on your emotions. Good luck.
  • nakegu
    nakegu Posts: 9
    Options

One more thing......I'm noticing that when I encourage others on here that it makes me realize that I too am worth it!

amen! i've noticed that too!