Jillian Michaels' Fan Group

Options
I'm starting a group for everyone out there currently battling their way through any of Jillian's DVDs! It doesn't matter what DVD you're on; everyone is welcome! The purpose of this group is to encourage one another and offer advice to the other members. There isn't going to necessarily be a posting format that you must follow, but here are some ideas:

Say what DVD you're working on and what you like and dislike about it.
Tell us about your successes in both weight lost and inches lost.
Tell us about your fitness successes (ex: I did 5 real push-ups today! or I completed the entire 30 seconds of butt-kicks!)
Offer advice and encouragement for members who may be struggling.
Discuss any supplemental workouts you may be doing.

The first time you post, please post:

1. Your name
2. Why you love to hate Jillian
3. What you hope to accomplish by doing any of the DVDs (goals, etc)

Please post regularly to stay in the group!

Replies

• femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    1. My name is Molly
    2. I love Jillian because she has been through a life changing weight loss herself. She knows what it's like to be heavy and she knows what it takes to ger healthy. She helped in me lose 20 pounds in 30 days with her 30 Day Shred DVD and I now own 6 of her DVDs. She knows how to put together a tough workout and I will continue coming back for more for the rest of my life.
    3. I hope to lose another 50 pounds (I've lost 50 already). I also hope to become stronger and have a six pack!
  • echeindl
    echeindl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Right now I am doing her burn fat and boost metabolism one. It's crazy hard but I love to do it on mute while watching something else on my laptop!
  • Sensitivesena11
    Options
    So do I join the group by replying?
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    1. I'm Audra
    2. I like to hate Jillian because she has put together a kickass system to help busy people get a GOOD, INTENSE workout in without having to spend an hour in front of the TV. She's also changed her life by losing weight and keeping it off and staying in great shape!
    3. I'm hoping to tone and get stronger...more endurance

I'm currently doing the 30DS, I loved it so much I bought a second DVD after my son scratched my first and i couldn't finish the 2nd Level all the way through! With this DVD so far, I've surprised myself with how many more pushups I can do correctly!! whoohoo!!
    I've lost 12lbs and I also incorporate some elliptical training in the evenings. I currently don't do the shred on a daily basis, sometimes not even every other day...but I absolutely love the feeling I get when I do it!! Can't wait to start another DVD by her!
  • femme62209
    Options
    So do I join the group by replying?

Yep! Just post your name, why you love to hate Jillian, and also what you hope to achieve by doing Jillian's DVDs! Welcome to the group!
  • femme62209
    Options
    Right now I am doing her burn fat and boost metabolism one. It's crazy hard but I love to do it on mute while watching something else on my laptop!

I honestly think that Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is her hardest DVD ever. I can only stand to do that one about once a week, sometimes even less than that. And I can only do the easy versions of the exercises!
  • femme62209
    Options
    1. I'm Audra
    2. I like to hate Jillian because she has put together a kickass system to help busy people get a GOOD, INTENSE workout in without having to spend an hour in front of the TV. She's also changed her life by losing weight and keeping it off and staying in great shape!
    3. I'm hoping to tone and get stronger...more endurance

I'm currently doing the 30DS, I loved it so much I bought a second DVD after my son scratched my first and i couldn't finish the 2nd Level all the way through! With this DVD so far, I've surprised myself with how many more pushups I can do correctly!! whoohoo!!
    I've lost 12lbs and I also incorporate some elliptical training in the evenings. I currently don't do the shred on a daily basis, sometimes not even every other day...but I absolutely love the feeling I get when I do it!! Can't wait to start another DVD by her!

Congratulations on all of your success with the 30DS! I love when you can tell that you're getting stronger! You are awesome! Any ideas which DVD you'll get next? I'm currently working on Ripped in 30, it's a great workout too and it has 4 levels!
  • echeindl
    echeindl Posts: 326 Member
    Options

I honestly think that Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is her hardest DVD ever. I can only stand to do that one about once a week, sometimes even less than that. And I can only do the easy versions of the exercises!

I think 30 DS is the hardest! I can do the entire banish fat boost one. Weird that we are opposite!
  • Sensitivesena11
    Options
    Hi My name is Janna.
    I love to hate Jillian because she has been where I am now and I need a change. Hearing her discuss her struggle and all the hard work and dedication it takes lets me know I must stick with it and I to can receive the same results.
    I am currently doing the 30DS and today was day number 1!!!!! Currently I am unable to complete any circuit without stopping and taking a break and I would love to just be able to complete level 1 all the way through and attempt level 2. I can remember when I first purchased this DVD almost 2 years ago and left off on level 2 but that will be a huge accomplishment for me now. I not only striving to complete this DVD but to complete it every one of the next 29 days. WISH ME LUCK, these is going to be a struggle.
  • femme62209
    Options
    Hi My name is Janna.
    I love to hate Jillian because she has been where I am now and I need a change. Hearing her discuss her struggle and all the hard work and dedication it takes lets me know I must stick with it and I to can receive the same results.
    I am currently doing the 30DS and today was day number 1!!!!! Currently I am unable to complete any circuit without stopping and taking a break and I would love to just be able to complete level 1 all the way through and attempt level 2. I can remember when I first purchased this DVD almost 2 years ago and left off on level 2 but that will be a huge accomplishment for me now. I not only striving to complete this DVD but to complete it every one of the next 29 days. WISH ME LUCK, these is going to be a struggle.

Congrats on starting again!!! Jillian workouts are no joke! Earlier in the summer I completed all 30 days consecutively. It was hard but so worth it; I saw amazing changes in my body. You can do this! Let us know how day 2 goes!
  • MN_Grl_8
    MN_Grl_8 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Jess.

I love to hate Jillian because she kicks my butt in only 20 minutes, and always reminds me how I can do anything for JUST 20 minutes!

I am currently doing Ripped in 30. I just started week 4 yesterday, and plan on doing the entire program again, mixing up the levels. It is a GREAT program, gets the job done, and doesn't take up more than a half hour. Then with that extra time I can do anything else I want! I have also noticed the amazing endurance I have had running and biking after these circuit training videos.

I can't wait to keep going with these videos, especially since now I am really cracking down on my eating habits with MFP.

If anyone wants to friend me, I am always look to meet new people! :)
  • femme62209
    Options
    Hi! My name is Jess.

I love to hate Jillian because she kicks my butt in only 20 minutes, and always reminds me how I can do anything for JUST 20 minutes!

I am currently doing Ripped in 30. I just started week 4 yesterday, and plan on doing the entire program again, mixing up the levels. It is a GREAT program, gets the job done, and doesn't take up more than a half hour. Then with that extra time I can do anything else I want! I have also noticed the amazing endurance I have had running and biking after these circuit training videos.

I can't wait to keep going with these videos, especially since now I am really cracking down on my eating habits with MFP.

If anyone wants to friend me, I am always look to meet new people! :)

I just started Ripped in 30 three days ago and I am loving it so far!! how is week four? Is it truly, as Jillian says, "the mother of all workouts?" I really hope that my endurance level will increase with these dvds too...you've inspired me!
  • afitchpatrick
    afitchpatrick Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    HI EVERYONE. I STARTED THE 30DS BUT ONLY MADE IT HALFWAY THROUGH LEVEL 2 WHEN I GOT A HAIRLINE FRACTURE IN MY FOOT. 2 MORROW IS THE DAY I CAN START DOING IT AGAIN BUT I'M SUPPOSED TO START OFF EVERY OTHER DAY OR EVERY 2 DAYS DEPENDING ON HOW MY FOOT DOES.
    I LOVE AN HATE JILLIAN AT THE SAME TIME CAUSE I WANT TO GET FIT BUT MAN DO I SWEAT MY BUTT OFF DOING IT. LOL.