Smoothie Discovery!

Options
I'm not a huge fan of fruit. Something about the texture skeeves me out. But I'm trying to eat it because it is good for me and crap. I've been trying to find extra delicious ways to incorporate it. I picked up a bag of those frozen Yoplait smoothie mixes (just frozen fruit and frozen yogurt "chunks") with a coupon and the Blueberry Pomegranate was delicious! However, it is way to expensive per serving and has a lot of extra sugar.

So I had a brain child. I bought a big container of yogurt (I used Dannon light vanilla, but any flavor would do) and measured it out into an ice cube tray. 4 cubes = 1/2 cup. They popped right out just like ice cubes! I blended 4 cubes, 1 cup of frozen blueberries and 1 cup of almond milk and it was delicious. No need for extra ice that will water down the drink.

I'm sure I'm not the first to come up with this, but I felt pretty smart. :glasses:

Enjoy!

Replies

• chellaJKR
    chellaJKR Posts: 146
    Options
    Yum =)
  • mcsolis
    mcsolis Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    i do the same only i dont freeze the yogurt i just put it right into the blender with milk and fruit it comes out creamy and oh so delish
  • kjander1
    kjander1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • kizzy67
    kizzy67 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    What a great idea with freezing the yogurt!!!! Love it, gotta try it !!! thanks
  • Doomfrog
    Doomfrog Posts: 79
    Options
    I figure the more frozen it is, the more I can fool myself into thinking it is a milkshake!
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I should try that, it sounds delicious! Plus I have a ton of frozen fruit I need to do something with. Though, for some reason, my blender goes ape$hit if I use yogurt...maybe if it thinks it's just getting ice cubes, it'll be more compliant. :tongue: