Horse Community

Options
Im new to MFP and have noticed that theres a few riders on here! Thats so cool, are you losing weight for your horses or for something else? I started out at 230lb and now im at 175lb, my mare is sure happy! Her name is Raven, she is a soild black paint, only 7. We started jumping lessons two months ago, she is classified as a large pony cant wait to start showing! Tell me about your horse.

Feel free to add me!

Replies

• kmparks24
    kmparks24 Posts: 198
    Options
    Welcome aboard and a huge congratulations on your weight loss!

Let's see... Deena. Her show name is Deep South and she is a 5 year old Warmblood filly by Don Alfredo. Beautiful mover and jumper :) I bought her when she was 9 months old (as an investment), but she has quickly become part of the family :) We took this season off from showing to work on the nitty gritty... Back to the ring the fall/winter! I'm so ready for next years show season!
  • skylar1907
    skylar1907 Posts: 156
    Options
    Welcome! Cody, my 15yr old solid sorrel paint mare, is my largest motivation to lose weight. I've lost 41lbs in just under 5 months. The majority of my fitness pals on this site are also horse women and we LOVE talking about our horses and logging our exercise with them =)

Oh - Cody & I are training for competitive trail competitions with ACTHA next summer. We've been together just over a year and also practice western pleasure. Cody's registered name is Miss Zippo Cody of Zippo Jack Bar and Old Joe Cody lines.

Congrats on your weight loss accomplishments! I started at 245 and hope to be right around 175 when finished. Feel free to add me if you'd like!

And again, WELCOME!!!
  • reggymite
    Options
    I'm new to MFP too! And i'm losing my weight for my horses! I think they are the best motivation for weight loss.:smile::smile:
  • reggymite
    Options
    I have eight horses! but my main horse is an australian stock horse we do umping, dressage, hacking, eventing, stock work and pony club together!:heart::heart:
  • gogonunubean
    gogonunubean Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I am new too! I have a 12 year old anglo arab dressage horse and after a year or so of lameness issues, we are now back in training and hope to start competing at training level and first next year in the spring. This is a HUGE motivator for me.....I want people to be looking at how beautiful my horse is, not how lumpy my thighs look in tight white breeches :noway:
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Hay there ;) I have been riding since I was 6, well probably since I could walk really, but more serious riding since I was about 6. I have an arabian quarter horse whom i have had for the last 13 years! <3