someone noticed

Options
I hadn't seen my dad's girlfriend in quite a while, and I had dinner with them last night. A few minutes after being there she exclaimed "damn girl you're getting skinny"!

My boyfriend has given me compliments but he sees me everyday, she is really the only one so far to actually notice the weight gain (well maybe others notice but don't say anything). I get why some people keep their mouths shut....if a person wasn't trying to lose weight then a comment that they have could come as an insult, like why did I need to?

But it made me happy for someone to finally notice:happy:

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I hadn't seen my dad's girlfriend in quite a while, and I had dinner with them last night. A few minutes after being there she exclaimed "damn girl you're getting skinny"!

My boyfriend has given me compliments but he sees me everyday, she is really the only one so far to actually notice the weight gain (well maybe others notice but don't say anything). I get why some people keep their mouths shut....if a person wasn't trying to lose weight then a comment that they have could come as an insult, like why did I need to?

But it made me happy for someone to finally notice:happy:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    congrats.....what a feeling huh? ,,,,,,you can never hear enough of positive feedback....
    keep it up!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    NICE!:flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! It's such a fantastic feeling, isn't it?!!! Keep up the great job you're doing! :flowerforyou:
  • dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    :heart: Wow. Thats a great feeling. You must be really happy with yourself. Great Job:drinker: :drinker:
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I think people notice but are unsure of your response. Keep up the good work and continue to post your success and we at MFP will definitely notice. GREAT JOB:wink:
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! That's such an amazing feeling! Keep up your great work girl!
  • SHOPPINGDIVA
    Options
    yay! thats awesome! i live with my boyfriend and i ask him every day...baby can u tell? lol but like you say he sees me everyday...other people have noticed.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    congrats, that is so awesome, keep up the great work.
  • oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I love the feeling when someone notices.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!