Lap Band

Options
Does anyone here have the Lap Band or are getting it?

Replies

• letterfly
    letterfly Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Does anyone here have the Lap Band or are getting it?
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    My best friend is. She is setting her surgery this month... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/starcourtney
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

My SIL had the surgery a few months ago and has lost about 50 pounds

Kim
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I had the surgery on June 23, 2008. I've been looking for some lap bander friends on this site. But no one ever replies to the thread after I do. :laugh:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    My uncle had it done and has lost 150+ in the last year. It worked great for him, but he had so much to lose.
  • letterfly
    letterfly Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    bump
    :happy:
  • kerianne1977
    Options
    i've got it nov 20th.
    doing good!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I know several people in our area who have had it, but only one still maintains a healthy weight.
    So sad to go through all that trouble, expense & effort, & then gain a lot of weight back. It seems that they lost sight of the goal - being healthy.
  • kerianne1977
    Options
    Georg
    Then the people who gained it back are not using it right, or not following the guidelines of the lapband. Your supposed to use it as a tool, not a cure for losing weight.
    Keri
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    I know several people in our area who have had it, but only one still maintains a healthy weight.
    So sad to go through all that trouble, expense & effort, & then gain a lot of weight back. It seems that they lost sight of the goal - being healthy.

same with the people i know. good for the ones who use it as a tool, but not for the ones using it as the answer.