Keto friends wanted.

Options
Hi,
My name is Chesi. I started Keto in March and have been pretty successful.
I need to lose 65-70 lbs.
I would love to have people to learn from. I’m having a tough time meeting my potassium goal.

Replies

• Klarissax3
    Klarissax3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've done Keto on and off for awhile. The first time I did it I list 45lbs in 3 months. But I was also running. I'd love to help if I can ❤
  • thpeu
    thpeu Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thinking about doing keto too, seems like a good way going about fat loss. Wanna be friends?
  • JaimeJaimeM
    JaimeJaimeM Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as I make my food diary public! Keto and fat-adapted since January/Feburary.
  • soulshine1
    soulshine1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started Keto about 1 month ago. I will add, I was already doing a low carb food plan but I stalled and thought I would try something else. I am also having trouble meeting my macros. Today I came the closest in meeting my fat goal...only 10 gram under, However, my protein was half as much as what it should be. I did stay within my carb limits. I ordered a carb monitor to better see whether I am in ketosis. The strips I am using have me in only slight ketosis. The has helped move the scale but ever so slowly. If anyone wants to friend me I would love to give and receive support.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,330 Member
    Options
    I am a keto'er and I do IF(fasting)....you are welcome to add me .....wishing you the very best on your journey :)
  • Chesi608
    Chesi608 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! Thanks for your replies. I have sent out some friend requests.

I really like the Keto Diet, but it can be confusing. It took about 2 weeks before I began to shed the weight because I couldn't meet the fat required (70%-75%). I didn't want to pour butter or olive oil on top of my eggs. It just seemed so unhealthy. This MFP app has really helped. Having the visual keeps me on track and allows for adjustments during the day.

I have watched a few videos on YouTube and one lady that has lost 100 lbs. said to concentrate on veggies (which I love, love, love) and meats, but I am concerned that the veggies will put me over the carb limit, but it could help me reach my potassium requirements and lower my sodium.

Currently, my carbs are on point, my fat is on point, but my sodium is high and my potassium is too low. I really would like to start to exercise, but I need to get these in line first, I think.

What do you think? Any thoughts are welcomed.
  • ultra_violets
    ultra_violets Posts: 202 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Chesi608 wrote: »
    Hi! Thanks for your replies. I have sent out some friend requests.

I really like the Keto Diet, but it can be confusing. It took about 2 weeks before I began to shed the weight because I couldn't meet the fat required (70%-75%). I didn't want to pour butter or olive oil on top of my eggs. It just seemed so unhealthy. This MFP app has really helped. Having the visual keeps me on track and allows for adjustments during the day.

I have watched a few videos on YouTube and one lady that has lost 100 lbs. said to concentrate on veggies (which I love, love, love) and meats, but I am concerned that the veggies will put me over the carb limit, but it could help me reach my potassium requirements and lower my sodium.

Currently, my carbs are on point, my fat is on point, but my sodium is high and my potassium is too low. I really would like to start to exercise, but I need to get these in line first, I think.

What do you think? Any thoughts are welcomed.

I'm still new myself (not quite 4 months in) and I'm also not much of a cook so I try to keep it super simple. I don't pour anything on my eggs. I just have two Eggland's Best scrambled with grass-fed butter. Lunch is usually something like proscuitto and mozzarella. Nuts are a GREAT source of good fats and potassium. I like pistachios. Almonds are also good. Also pecans and walnuts. Dinner is usually chicken thighs or sausage with broccoli (more potassium!) or a tossed salad. I try to keep my salt around 2000 mg a day. It sounds like you're doing a lot right! So don't get discouraged. Keep tweaking as you go and you'll find what works for you.

Check out Dr. Ken G. Berry's videos on youtube. He's a real M.D. and he's a former "fat doctor" who's been successful at the keto diet himself. He's got a great, informative series of videos that can answer just about any question you may have about the keto diet.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,330 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to let you know ..Keto'ers need more sodium than usual...most of us up our sodium to at least 3500mg...you don't want the keto flu so eat pickles, drink pickle juice...I make a keto-ade which is water, salt and mio...
  • dowdybrittney
    dowdybrittney Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Brittney. I just started keto in February. We can encourage and support each other.