Body Toning after loosing

Options
I was 192 lbs and now with low carb diet I am 157 pounds in 6 months .
But now I have lots of loose skin on my face , arms and thighs and chest
Specially I am very worried for my face and chest kisse skin
Last weak I joined gym and my trainer has told me start weight exercises
But my dietcian is very angry with my trainer and says not do weights more than 2.5 kg as she s looking to loose more 20 lbs weight in next 4 months .
I am very confused , I desperately want to loose more 20 lbs but I am 27 yrs now and I don't want any loose skin in my marriage which in after 6 months

Replies

• Nokt2018
    Nokt2018 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Weight training will build muscle which in turn will burn more calories.
  • kathryn1391
    kathryn1391 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    If your issue is the loose skin then honestly it entirely depends on how much there is,. and it may be worth seeing a professional.
    Your dietitian sounds like shes going by weight only, not body fat which is a shame. As PP said weight training will help improve muscle definition, creating a "toned" look, and will also burn calories to aid in the weight loss.

If we are talking substantial amounts of loose skin then unfortunately that can be a side effect of rapid and drastic weight loss.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    35 pounds in 6 months is not that drastic. I agree that body fat percentage is more important the scale weight at this point.

The advice to lift weights is sound, but - and this is very important - any weight program must consist of overload and progression in order to have any noticeable effect. And it doesn't happen overnight.

Weight training is never a bad idea. You won't get bulky if you are not eating at a surplus. And your "loose" skin should begin to correct itself fairly quickly.

I'll try to return to this thread later with a link to many good programs (unless someone beats me to it).
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    tmpecus78 wrote: »
    There really is no such thing as "toning" and I cringe when people use that term. You first need to have muscle to start with. Then as your body continues with the fat loss process (being in a deficit and as long as you continue to lift weights), the more body fat you loose, the leaner you get, the more of a "toned look" your body will have.
    ITA, I would have been lifting the whole time.

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Weight training is the absolute best thing you can do for yourself.
  • scribblemoma
    scribblemoma Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    LIFT my friend! The benefits are amazing ❤️ I still do cardio but my shape is so different (and better) since I started lifting more seriously this year.
  • matrosov65
    matrosov65 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    What is wrong with weights? Is your dietician concerned that it might slow your weight loss progress because weight training could burn inches faster than it could burn pounds in the beginning until you build some muscle mass and it is generally a more slower process compared to cardio? I mean yes it could theoretically happen but not for long since calorie deficit is calorie deficit and it's not necessarily a bad thing, you gain some strength improve your body image etc etc. Not sure why that would be a problem as long as you're maintaining your calories deficit. I say go for it. Breaks up monotony of cardio helps strengthen up ligaments and tendons. Results are not fast but they are worth it.