The best NSV EVER!!!!

Options
rikisue206
rikisue206 Posts: 99 Member
So, I have been on MFP for about 85 days and I have already lost 1/3 of my goal. I feel great and am very proud of myself!

Today, I went to my mom's house and she was very excited about how much weight I had lost. She referred to a picture of me a year ago and she can’t believe how good I am doing. I have been trying to get my mom on MFP since I joined and it has not happened yet. My mom is 5'4 and 300+. She desperately wants to loose weight. Today she said "I really need to get the information from you to start loosing weight." But, she has said that a few times before too and nothing happened. She just recently got an iPod touch, so I took it downloaded the app and set her account up for her. I then gave her a brief tutorial on how to use it and told her I would check on her daily to help her out.

She is actually excited about it and wants to start doing it! Before you start saying that I should let her do it herself and that she needs to take that step I have to say that she does not get technology! lol once you show her how to use something then she is a pro!

I love the positive atmosphere that feeling good, eating better, working out, and loosing weight has on other people! I have never seen my mom thin and I am super excited to see if she sticks with it and loose some weight!

I just had to share! This truly is the best NSV EVER!!!
:drinker: :happy:

Replies

• smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    It's great that she wants to get started. And she has your support!! It will make it more fun, the two of you together.
  • alohabrie
    alohabrie Posts: 204
    Options
    That is awesome. I have a couple of family members and friends on and it does make a difference. You'll be there to help keep her motivated. Also - it is nice to be around like minded people. Good luck to you both!
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! You should be proud of your success!! Your mom is very lucky to have a daughter who is so supportive!
  • abeautifulvoice
    Options
    Wonderful!!
  • DebraJean2
    DebraJean2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How exciting !! Can't wait to her how she makes out !!
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    That is Fantastic, I wish you both the best of luck in reaching
    all of your weightloss goals! This is a fabulous site for support and encouragement!
    I think once she gets started she will love it and become as addicted as I am, LOL

My daughter also told me of this site, I first started using it on my phone, I love it!
    Please feel free to add me and have your Mom to add me as well if you'd like, I love to
    motivate and support on this sometimes difficult journey, God Bless you both! :smile:
  • sangelic
    sangelic Posts: 207
    Options
    fantastic! I hope to inspire my mom also. She has been overweight my entire life and always says she wants to lose but never does anything about it. Hopefully you're mom will stick with it!
  • CorrieJane
    CorrieJane Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Thats great!! Silly question-what does NSV stand for?? I've been seeing it everywhere on the message boards but idk what it is!! lol congratulations again on helping your mom take that first step-its always the hardest one to take, and shes lucky to have you there to help her!!
  • kirsteinm
    kirsteinm Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yay for you AND Mom. It sounds like you guys have a great relationship and I wish you both the best.
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    That's great. I have found it to be so much better since one of my real life friends is now doing it with me. (Nothing against my pals on here).
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Good for YOU! That is wonderful - way to be a role model. My friend & neighbor bought a bunch of fruit today at my suggestion instead of candy bars for her night time sweet tooth AND she's drinking more water than I've ever seen her drink before instead of beah

yay
  • deevo
    deevo Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    My mom is about 5'5 and a bit more the 300 lbs. Just last week I convinced her to download the app on her IPOD TOUCH as well. So far she has stuck with it, and I call her every other day to see how she is doing. So far she struggles the most with water intake.. but when we all went for dinner she had already entered foods before eating and was so proud of her healthy meal she made. My sister and I both encourage her through the posts and I know she loves that. Now I wish my dad would just get on board...

Best of luck to our moms!
  • Mrswheels01
    Mrswheels01 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!
  • kirsteinm
    kirsteinm Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Silly question-what does NSV stand for??

Non Scale Victory! The best kind! :)
  • HealthiHannah
    HealthiHannah Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    It is really good that you are encouraging her to get onto MFP to start her own journey (and CONGRATS on your own!)... but I think it would be more encouraging if you were to help her get into a dieting and exercising pattern... MFP doesn't do the weightloss for you! Its a great tool, but I know having someone to help get and keep me motivated is more important than a place to log my food and exercise!
  • CorrieJane
    CorrieJane Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Silly question-what does NSV stand for??

Non Scale Victory! The best kind! :)

haha I love it!! thanks for clarifying!
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! Encourage your mom to read the NSV's and the Success Stories on the Community tab. They are very motivating! :flowerforyou: And Congrats on your success!
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Way to use your power for good. :)
  • Spedden
    Spedden Posts: 207
    Options
    You're right, that IS the best NSV ever! Congratulations to you, and I know your mother will do very well too! In a few months time, all her friends are going to be demanding to know how she did it!
  • meganrae_42
    meganrae_42 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thats GREAT!! I wish her all the luck in the world!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!