I just started Keto any tips!?!

Options
2»

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    nhackel1 wrote: »
    I just started 6 days ago on the Keto diet and i am trying to figure out the best way to eat. I feel like i'm just eating a ton of cheddar cheese and meat. Just looking for some facts and tips from people on it. No negative comments please!

@nhackel1 the only keto requirement I know about is to eat at or below 50 grams of carbs daily. Some seem to do this from the start but it took me a few months. Keto has been awesome for my body and mind since 2014.

Best of success.

That is keto in a nut shell: fewer than 20-50g of carbs a day.

Some do low protein(15%) and some go high (35+%). Fat is usually moderate to high. Some eat meat based whole others manage to fo it vegan or vegetarian. Some eat whole foods and yet others eat lots of processed foods.
  • nhackel1
    nhackel1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Would i be terrible to take a bite of potatoes. Don't say that keto is then not for me because i could literally handle a bit of mashed potatoes once a week to curb the craving. Keto has been working well cause i love most of the foods your allowed to eat. But potatoes have always been my favorite cant see 1/16th of a serving would go over the limit for the day?!?! right?
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    DON'T! lol jk
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Would i be terrible to take a bite of potatoes. Don't say that keto is then not for me because i could literally handle a bit of mashed potatoes once a week to curb the craving. Keto has been working well cause i love most of the foods your allowed to eat. But potatoes have always been my favorite cant see 1/16th of a serving would go over the limit for the day?!?! right?

I am not sure why I have authority over how you feed yourself but you have my permission to deal with cravings as they appear in the way of your choosing. Keto doesn't require 100 percent adherence. If it did it would be worthless to a lot of people. A good plan should have flexibility.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I just started 6 days ago on the Keto diet and i am trying to figure out the best way to eat. I feel like i'm just eating a ton of cheddar cheese and meat. Just looking for some facts and tips from people on it. No negative comments please!

Personally, I'd just get on Pinterest and search for keto recipes so things aren't so boring and monotonous.