Drs order

Options
Well I have to do this drs. Order to keep a eye on some health things. Please add me and help me stay motivated. I am looking for people to motivate me and push me when I need it . I am not looking for negative but only push and positive.

Replies

• Nerys52
    Nerys52 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome.
    The food log via settings you can change to more meals instead of traditional breakfast, lunch, dinner,snacks.
    I changed mine because I do 5 or 6 small meals. I am on RX meds that have to be taken with food.
    I measure/weigh everything because even a random 10 cal 20 cal added up over the day, one exceeds 1200 cal.
  • WILDBOLDFIRECRACKER
    Options
    I have prediabetic and pcos. I am also dealing with swollen legs and hands and burning feet and really bad bloated and swollen all over my body. The Dr wants ne to start watching sodium and other things to rule our diet while we waiting for test results back. I also am the heaviest I have ever been at 214 and I'm not liking it and there is alot of health issues on my parents side .
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I have prediabetic and pcos. I am also dealing with swollen legs and hands and burning feet and really bad bloated and swollen all over my body. The Dr wants ne to start watching sodium and other things to rule our diet while we waiting for test results back. I also am the heaviest I have ever been at 214 and I'm not liking it and there is alot of health issues on my parents side .

so i would recommend starting with just logging all your food in MFP - set your goal to a reasonable amount (depending on how much you have to lose) - and log everything
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,066 Member
    Options

Ok.

so general weight loss would be good and pay attention to the sodium levels in foods and the sugar levels in foods, because of your individual issues.

The diabetic and cardiac websites should have good info on which foods to reduce the most and how to read labels on foods so you know what you are looking out for.

• WILDBOLDFIRECRACKER
    Options
    Thank u
  • Nerys52
    Nerys52 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    About reducing the sodium intake. I cook mostly from scratch. So with cooking I use herbs and spices and just a little sea salt from a french brand. I used to have regular table salt in the 1980s started my housekeeping/kitchen 1981. The sea salt no additives has more flavor one needs less. I seldom buy cans, tin, jars etc of manufactured foods to avoid the invisible salt. With cooking pasta or rice or potatoes I add very little salt.To add flavour to the cooking water pasta gets a little rosemary, rice gets a small bay laurel leaf and potatoes get dill or caraway or rosemary.Meats/poultry/fish a little seasalt black and/or white peppers, herbs and spices. Beware pre-made spice mixes they have a lot of salt best blend your own.

For swollen painful feet a footbath works. There are commercial footbaths sold as sachet for 1 footbath but I use a sachet 1/2 in a square plastic pail and soak feet in warm water 15/20 minutes. Rinse with cool water doing this a few days will help.
    You can mix you own footbathsalts one part sea salt, one part baking soda Arm & Hammer, one part epsom salts.
    Or just sea salt and baking soda if you do not have the epsom salts.
    Use a few spoon for footbaths and afterwards rinse with cool water. Store mix in a jar.
    One can do hand baths.

One can add few drops essential oil if you have it.For a nice relaxing scent lavender e.o. or sweet orange e.o.

If you have a bath tub and if you can get in a bath you can do herbal baths for pain relief. I used to be able to do this. But my osteoarthritis over the years has spread allover body. So is impossible to get into or out of my bath.

From my herb garden I used to use some rosemary, mint, marjoram, yarrow, add to a empty plastic bottle fill up with tap water. Leave to infuse overnight and then add to bath. If you want a stronger herbal bath make 2 bottles.
    One can also boil the herbs in water leave to cool somewhat and then add to bath. But I prefer cool water infusion.

• WILDBOLDFIRECRACKER
    Options
    Awesome thank so much I will look into everything u said I really appreciate the help
  • TanyaHooton
    TanyaHooton Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Has your doctor provided a referral to a registered dietician? This will help you get started with foods and meals that are recommended.

If not, the best way to get started is to take things one step at a time, one day, one week, one month at a time. Start by looking for quick fixes. For example, if you drink soda every day, cut down to one glass per day, or one every other day. Keep reducing until you don't drink them anymore but go for water or tea instead. If you have a habit of snacking (this is my problem), pick one snack for the day like ice cream before bed or a handful of nuts in the afternoon. Stick to it and log it every time.

Don't try to go all in with a complete diet, exercise, lifestyle overhaul right now. Just pick one thing you think you can work on and give that a go for 2-3 weeks. Once you've mastered that, try the next easy thing.

Also, be patient with yourself. You will screw up - more than once - and you'll feel bad about it and want to give up. It's ok to overeat once in a while; we are all human not robots. Just chalk it up to a day slightly less successful than others and try again the next day.