Hey fit fam!

Options
So long story short, my best friend has been in depression for about 5 months because she’s overweight and wants to be fit and skinny. She says she has lost weight before with only cardio and she still has stomach fat. (Over hang stomach) she comments me there’s no reason to lose weight anymore if she will always have stomach fat due to genetics and it’s really getting to me because I have a similar body shape like hers. I’m kind of losing motivation I guess I’m thinking the same thoughts as her. What do you all think? Can stomach fat go away completely?

Replies

• maronesax1972
    maronesax1972 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Yes it can. There’s a chance you may have some lose skin, but the fat can go away. Unfortunately science tells us stomach fat can be the last day to go away when on a deficit and losing weight. There’s no real way to just target that area. If you are on a caloric deficit, it will shrink in some level of proportion to all fat loss on your body, just expect it a smaller proportion and longer process. Remember, weight loss and exercise is key to a healthier life. Body composition is an added bonus. If your getting fit and healthy, you’re winning! The body changes will come and expect the belly fat to disappear as well, just at a slower pace. Don’t quit! You go this!
  • Bombshell_Queen
    Bombshell_Queen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes ma’am...
  • JanetReyna
    JanetReyna Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Thank you! ❤️❤️❤️