Food addicts

Options
Cindy4Change
Cindy4Change Posts: 18 Member
edited April 2019 in Motivation and Support
Hi everyone. I'm almost 48. Female. Just joined a gym at the mall where I work. I've been struggling with overeating my entire life. I am a recovering bulemic since age 18. I hope to make new friends here. Conversation with people struggling with food addiction is desired.

Replies

• Cindy4Change
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I'll start by asking how does food addiction affect your life? For me food is on my mind constantly.
  • Cindy4Change
    Options
    Please add me to your friend list . Trying to make friends on here to help with accountability. Thanks
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Food is always on my mind too. It was always a huge focus in my family while growing up and I've always had a big appetite. The times in the past where I lost a decent amount of weight were when a "switch" inside my head flicked. That switch is not flicked in the right direction now, though. Nice to meet you!
  • Sarah7518
    Sarah7518 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm almost 48. Female. Just joined a gym at the mall where I work. I've been struggling with overeating my entire life. I am a recovering bulemic since age 18. I hope to make new friends here. Conversation with people struggling with food addiction is desired.

Hi Cindy... I have a very unhealthy relationship with food that I’m trying to overcome. I’m 47 and want to try to change that. It’s difficult!! My goal is to lose 2lbs a week and eat small throughout the day. Past habit was to eat nothing until 2 when I was starving and then late night. Def not good choices. Anyway good luck with your journey!
  • Cindy4Change
    Options
    Hi Sarah. Thank you for responding. The first thing I looked at was my sleeping patterns. I was very depressed so I slept alot. I'd stay up late at night and binge. I now go to bed at 10ish and get up no later than 8am. My eating has changed. I've lost almost 8 lbs. Since I started , my energy level has increased ten fold. I joined a community called pally. It's also a free app on google play. Highly recommend it. I try to stick to 1600 cal. A day. I joined a gym and actually go. My joint pain has decreased.
  • charlenekemp07
    charlenekemp07 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm also a food addict and also suffered from bulimia in the past, it started when I was 17 and I'm now 29. Having 2 kids and putting A LOT of weight on with both pregnancies has not been good to how I view myself and my appetite, for that matter. I definitely eat in secret, because I'm so shy to let anyone see how much I can eat. My husband lost 55lbs and he looks so good and he's also super fit, training for an iron man, I feel really bad next to him. I have 50lbs to loose but it's hard when I think about food ALL. THE. TIME!!
  • charlenekemp07
    charlenekemp07 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Btw... I really love this post and I'm glad I found it. It's always good to see that I'm not alone 😊 Thank you!!
  • AuthenticallyAmanda
    AuthenticallyAmanda Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm also a food addict and also suffered from bulimia in the past, it started when I was 17 and I'm now 29. Having 2 kids and putting A LOT of weight on with both pregnancies has not been good to how I view myself and my appetite, for that matter. I definitely eat in secret, because I'm so shy to let anyone see how much I can eat. My husband lost 55lbs and he looks so good and he's also super fit, training for an iron man, I feel really bad next to him. I have 50lbs to loose but it's hard when I think about food ALL. THE. TIME!!

Same 100%. My husband is focused and I’m over here stuffing my face. We now weigh the same 😳
  • AuthenticallyAmanda
    AuthenticallyAmanda Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Ps. Everyone feel free to add me 😊
  • ttcin2018
    ttcin2018 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’m also a food addict. I need ways to take my mind off food and deal with anxiety/depression head on instead of using food to cope
  • FluttershySweetie
    FluttershySweetie Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hey! Food addict here as well. I've been working on keeping the emotional eating in check. It's not easy by any means and any and all support is welcome as well :)
    Anyone wanna add me as a friend please feel free!
  • Kierremarietustin
    Kierremarietustin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey.. realising I'm a food addict.. the more I accept I need to lose weight the more I start craving food.. please someone add me and help me stay motivated? Lol
  • debraah66
    debraah66 Posts: 62 Member
    Options

Hi, I'm a food addict and binger. I havent binged for a couple of months or more now and sometimes I feel like I'm in more control but I know that can end at any time if I let it. I've lost about 28 pounds, 9 since I've been on here. I've got to be mindful all the time about eating and yes I think about what I'm going to eat all the time and what I would like to eat but can't. I'd like to add you if you don't mind.
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Ditto to all previous except not a former bulimic. I also hoard food. I always buy way more of something at the store to "have on hand" at home, and if there is a catered office gathering, I will wrap a bunch of food up in a napkin and take it home. Part of this stems from the food addiction, but also my aversion to wasting/throwing away things that can be eaten/used.
  • ravengirl2014
    ravengirl2014 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah! Binge eater since childhood...49 yr old woman going through perimenopause...not a good combo...😖 A Trainer changed my life nearly two years ago and now i am mostly at normal weight...still have bouts with emotional eating...am trying a new Kundini breathing technique that is supposed to help. My life is pretty hectic but i would be happy to give my support!
  • Kinalau
    Kinalau Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Food addict and major binge eater here too. When I was young living with my parents, my mother was extremely strict with food so I was always a healthy weight, but since adulthood it has been a constant struggle. I guess I shouldn't say constant because up until the past couple of years I didn't struggle at all, I just ate whatever I wanted. I have lost 90 pounds and my greatest struggle now is not binging my way back to the 200s. If I have even one snack in the evening I'm done for. I have no willpower to stop if I give in even a little. I have to be strict in the way my mother used to be when I was a child or I completely fail. When it comes to food addiction, I have all of my food planned out a week ahead and it is constantly on my mind. It's nice to see I'm not alone. I'm always looking for new friends for accountability, so feel free to add me.
  • bexerdoodle
    bexerdoodle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I’ve always had an issue with binge eating and recently, drinking as well. I’m an all or nothing type of person mentally so it’s very hard for me to break that pattern, but once I do, I can control it. Usually one little taste of “junk” food or beer, whatever it may be, I go overboard and say “oh well might as well ruin the rest of my day”. But I’ve learned that I can’t keep tempting things near me and I have to focus on the good feeling I get from not eating crap and drinking. I crave salty foods so I keep pickles and salty popcorn in the house which I eat in small portions.
  • Cindy4Change
    Options
    @bexerdoodle . You and I are a lot alike. I wrote a list of all my triggers and alcohol is first on that list. I'm a black or white person too. I try to forgive myself when I make a mistake. I restart my program. I reccomend you downloading the pally app. It's free and it teaches a whole new way to look at eating patterns. I lost 12 pounds so far. The devicer app is great too. Good luck on your journey.