Crossfit people, I have a question.

Options
I am somewhat new to my fitness pal, well, more like a returnee.

How do you log crossfit sessions? I dont see it listed under exercises in the preset list. I cam add it manually, but I honestly have no idea how many calories I burn in a 60 minute class.

Replies

• Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    When I first started logging, I would log it as the time of the metcon under circuit training. Strength training doesn't burn that many calories. For example, if it is a 12 minute AMRAP, log it as 12 minutes of circuit training. If it is a workout for time, use was your total time was for circuit training.

Another option is you can pick a standard number to use for every class. For example: 250 calories for every class. Use this number for 2 months. If you lose as expected, then it is accurate. If you lose more/less, that number can be adjusted.

For me personally, I found I burn ~250 calories per class.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I let my Fitbit log it as "workout".

Manually I log it under circuit training.
  • jenniday1229
    jenniday1229 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I gave up trying to log workouts. When I settled into a firm 4 class per week schedule I changed from sedentary (desk job) to lightly active. That was about 8 months ago and has proven to be just right for me. It's rare for me to miss a class but if I do I just lower my calorie intake fornthe day about 200 and move on.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I don't log it. I have a Fitbit and use the calorie burn off that.