This time I can't give up!

Options
Since the birth of my first daughter, over 15 years ago, I have struggled with my weight. I always give up, but this time I just can't give up! I need to stay motivated, but find it so hard to do!

Replies

• jsoaper01
    jsoaper01 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    i know this sounds crazy but you just have to set your mind to it and push/
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Just don't stop. Maintain the momentum. Once you see progress, even a bit, that should drive you to want more.

You can do it.
  • knj12
    knj12 Posts: 11
    Options
    I successfully lost weight in 2006 and kept it off...for a while. It slowly crept back on me. But I have the same resolve...I am not giving up. Thing of all the reasons that you need to do this, and it will motivate you! That's what works for me!
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you, struggling away. I still have "bad" days (*cough-today-cough*...*cough-yesterday-cough*), but I'm determined this time that one slip will not be worth throwing in the towel.

Tomorrow is another day.

Stay strong...we'll get this done :)
  • geraldm55
    geraldm55 Posts: 130
    Options
    hey don't give up!!!!

I have become super motivated due to this site, if I can help motivate you feel free to invite me.
  • diana109
    diana109 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Agreed, don't give up and change your mind set. YOU are your worst enemy in this journey, so keep pushing and do more then you did the day before!! You can do it and WILL get there. You certainly came to right place, we are here to help you and keep you motivated! :smile:
  • DDub4ever
    DDub4ever Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been over weight my entire life. I don't know what a thin me looks like. This is what keeps me motivated. You just have to find something inside that makes you want to strive. You can do it - I know you can because I'm doing it and if I can do it, anyone can!
  • change_happens
    Options
    Since the birth of my first daughter, over 15 years ago, I have struggled with my weight. I always give up, but this time I just can't give up! I need to stay motivated, but find it so hard to do!

You will find a tremendous amount of support here. Ladies and men who are walking in your same shoes, but are digging deep to follow through and stay committed. Wow! Your commitment began when you decided to sign up with MFP and it continued when you posted this post!

Stay strong, endure.... your reward is closer than you think!

You can do this!

:)
  • Darlis
    Darlis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I really know about that.....I have to keep going for my health, but this has been my toughest month so far!!!!!
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I wish you all the best! This time will be different because you are different.You can and will succeed at this!
  • kepete
    kepete Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling the past month in anticipation of taking my daughter to her first year of college on Friday ... I am fighting with everything I've got to not give up. This time I know I can do it because I don't want to do it again. If you want, add me as a friend and we can fight the fight together!
  • horsemom53
    horsemom53 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You can do this girl! I love you and plan on sticking by you every step of the way. Tonight showed that you are serious you just can't give up. We can AND will do this together. Just think how hot we're going to be by Christmas, that will be a nice present for the husbands. :love: