What motivates you to not give up?

Options
We know it is not easy to diet so what helps you? We all may have different things let’s share!

Replies

• cliosunshine1954
    cliosunshine1954 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm a diabetic keeping sugar levels in a normal range.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I actually didn't find dieting to be particularly hard. I had a reasonable calorie deficit and made sure I exercised regularly which gave me additional calories. I've been in maintenance for 6 years now (save for winter weight gain and spring loss) and I've maintained my healthy eating habits and regular exercise. I enjoy living a by and large healthy lifestyle and it requires very little motivation.
  • TanyaHooton
    TanyaHooton Posts: 249 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    A couple of things. My health markers aren't great. My father died of hardening of the arteries, so I am genetically predisposed toward having heart disease and if I'm 36 and my numbers aren't great, it's going to be unpleasant in 10 years. I want to be 46 and still young, not 46 and on pills and dr. appointments.

I want a specific kind of body. A slim, svelte, yoga, runner kind of body. I've always wanted it. Now that I have marital and financial security, I have the time to sculpt it.

I work at a corporate job with a lot of ambitious, type A personalities. The people who get ahead are put together - hair, makeup, weight, clothes, shoes, etc. I also want to get ahead.

And - vainly - I want to be the hot stepmom. My teenager is on the swim team and the coach called over the parents. She looked at me, blinked twice, and said, "You're too young to be a mom!" It was very satisfying.

And most of all - I want to keep traveling as I get older. That means being strong and in shape. So even if I die of a heart attack at 52, I will still be able to hike up to the top of the cathedral and take some photos.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    I'm on the other side... trying to maintain... and what motivates me? Not wanting to go back to the other side.. being overweight.. regaining... starting all over again and feeling mad at myself. I'm done with that.

At this point in my journey it makes sense to me. It is what you eat and what you do. Eat right and move..do that for a good amount of time..and it works. I'm not a victim, I'm not stuck.. it is up to me..my choices.

• 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    The right hip that's fatter than the left. I know that when I lose weight, they even up so they basically match. Weird motivator, I suppose. But what gets me is when I walk in my hallway toward my bedroom, the light casts my shadow onto the wall and it drives me bonkers to see the bulge on just the one side of my body. Even as a shadow, it's a good motivator for me!
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I miss the size 4 body I had most of my life until I hit my 40s. I took my body for granted and now I want it back. I'm a size 8-10 right now, so I have a way to go. And I have too much fat for my weight, especially on my back, thighs above the knees (with cellulite) and my upper arms.
  • keonwlsn
    keonwlsn Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    @MikePTY that is awesome bro!
  • keonwlsn
    Options
    @cliosunshine1954 I understand that have lots of family that are!
  • keonwlsn
    Options
    @cwolfman13 really wow that must be great.
  • keonwlsn
    edited April 2019
    Options
    @kzshelbi that’s a good motivation.
  • keonwlsn
    Options
    @shondalynn2 lol that works @LittleLightShine yess you got this don’t worry!
  • keonwlsn
    Options
    @TanyaHooton thx for sharing that is very good and motivation sorry about your loss.
  • keonwlsn
    Options
    @elisa123gal thx for sharing very nice. @1BlueAurora yea that’s first time I heard that but good motivation
  • keonwlsn
    Options
    @Terytha wow so sorry but yess you got this!!
  • keonwlsn
    Options
    @whmscll yess you got this keep going!