Seven years on MFP

thingeringer
thingeringer Posts: 241 Member
Seven years ago today I started using MFP. It was a gift beyond compare. I've been on every diet in the world and have gained and lost hundreds of pounds over the years but was at my highest weight. I'm 5 feet tall and weighed almost 180. I had high blood pressure. At the beginning I just wanted to lose 5% of my body weight because I had read that would make me feel better. I told myself I could eat anything, I just had to record it in my diary. I moved more and ate less but didn't do anything drastic. Over that first year I lost 50 lb. It transformed my life. I'm so much healthier. I'm stronger. I'm happier. None of it was a 'piece of cake,' so to speak, but it worked. Since, I've gained a few pounds and lost a few pounds. Right now I'm working to fight the sloth and indulgence of last winter. But i know I can. Hope you all have the same kind of success here.

Replies

• Dandylines
    Dandylines Posts: 18 Member
    "If at first you do not succeed, try again." Find a real motive besides what "they" say. Mine was my knees hurting because of the extra weight. A hospital visit for another issue "helped" me lose 4 lbs. and I regained 1.5 and finally I said - they is stupid. I am to keep going so I rejoined. I set reasonable goals and so far I have lost 7 lbs.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    I started in 2012, so about the same. It’s practically like we grew up together :)
  • rosiorama
    rosiorama Posts: 300 Member
    I love this place. I started here in 2015, and discovering the logic of calories and deficits was a game changer. And then switching my focus from cardio to weightlifting... but that’s another story.

Happy mfp anniversary!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!