Meal Plan?

Options
PB4Lyfe
PB4Lyfe Posts: 28 Member
Hi folks,

I’m wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me - I’m looking for the holy grail!

a free 28 day vegetarian meal plan for one that gets a good amount of protein and around 1500 calories per day.

I’m just so bored with what I’ve been eating lately! Ideas?

Replies

• texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    You know what you like, dislike and are bored with--we have no idea. You are just as capable of using Google to locate a 1500 calorie vegetarian diet as anyone else on here. You are asking a lot of the community. You are asking them to diet for you.

Why don't you befriend other vegetarians with open diaries and look at what they are eating? You can probably glean plenty of ideas from that without asking anyone to prepare a monthly diet for you.

I'm not a vegetarian, but I've found that subscribing to Imperfect Produce has helped me broaden my experience with fruits and vegetables. I try to buy $20-25.00/week of Imperfect Produce and then challenge myself not to waste any of it. If I buy, I eat it.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    You know what you like, dislike and are bored with--we have no idea. You are just as capable of using Google to locate a 1500 calorie vegetarian diet as anyone else on here. You are asking a lot of the community. You are asking them to diet for you.

Why don't you befriend other vegetarians with open diaries and look at what they are eating? You can probably glean plenty of ideas from that without asking anyone to prepare a monthly diet for you.

I'm not a vegetarian, but I've found that subscribing to Imperfect Produce has helped me broaden my experience with fruits and vegetables. I try to buy $20-25.00/week of Imperfect Produce and then challenge myself not to waste any of it. If I buy, I eat it.

In other words, the holy grail is within yooooouu!
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    I am not sure there is a "holy grail" but it might help if you let people know a few things. Do you cook your own food? What foods do you like...which ones do you hate? Are you trying to stay low carb? What is your calorie allotment?

I am not a vegetarian so I can't help a lot but skinnytaste.com has a lot of good vegetarian meals. Most of her recipes are easy to prepare. You might check out her site. There are also a lot of vegetarian only site that you could browse through.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    I am generally not a fan of canned meal plans, but if you want ideas, here's a good tool: https://www.eatthismuch.com/

You can set it to vegetarian and preferred calories and macros and number of meals.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    if you were vegetarian before... eat whatever you used to eat, before you became bored, just less of it. weigh solids and measure liquids to ensure it is 1500 cals.
  • PB4Lyfe
    Options
    wow, I’ve got some serious negativity here!

I was just wondering if anyone had ideas for somewhere I could find a meal plan that fits my needs, because despite your suggestions of ‘just google it’, google didn’t have any great answers for me. there seems to be stacks of meal plans for people who eat meat, but vegos miss out. Honestly, did you really think it didn’t occur to me to try google?

and given my problem is that I’m bored with what I’ve been eating, the suggestion to ‘just eat what you always eat, but less’ really doesnt tick my boxes.

I just thought maybe I’m not the only person who has ever wanted some new ideas and someone might have a good suggestion as to where to find what I want because I’m struggling. I’ve always found this community really great for things like that.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Some of us tried to help...you didn't respond to those replies however. I gave you a recipe site that I use all the time and she has some vegetarian recipes. I can't suggest recipes...for one I don't know what foods that you like. It would have helped if you had of given us more information.

eta...This is one of her recipes that I cooked last night. I added shrimp but the recipe is vegetarian...

https://www.skinnytaste.com/angel-hair-with-zucchini-and-tomatoes-5/
  • BLua27
    BLua27 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
  • lemurcat2
    edited April 2019
    Options
    PB4Lyfe wrote: »
    I was just wondering if anyone had ideas for somewhere I could find a meal plan that fits my needs, because despite your suggestions of ‘just google it’, google didn’t have any great answers for me. there seems to be stacks of meal plans for people who eat meat, but vegos miss out. Honestly, did you really think it didn’t occur to me to try google?

Did you look at the one I linked? Like I said, it has vegetarian plans (and even vegan).

Even if not what you wanted, not cool to scold us for not figuring out exactly what you want.
  • PB4Lyfe
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

Even if not what you wanted, not cool to scold us for not figuring out exactly what you want.

I stated exactly what I want. Free meal plan, Vegetarian, around 1500cal, plenty of protein. I actually thought that was pretty specific, so I was surprised that people thought that was a floaty, indefinite sort of request and asked what I like! I’m looking for new ideas and other than being vegetarian I’ll try anything.

And given I’m having trouble finding what I want that meets those requirements, I thought it best not to add other stipulations that would make it even harder.
    If you’d like to suggest a free 28 day vegetarian meal plan, around 1500 calories, plenty of protein, that includes actual dairy, but not cottage cheese, where all the lunches are lunchbox friendly, and I get to eat peanut butter, then sure, I’d love that!

In terms of me ‘scolding’ (I prefer ‘being disappointed by the negative replies’) people, you can pretty much disregard. I asked a question, you answered it. My frustration really doesn’t apply to you.
  • lemurcat2
    Options
    There are other ways to get new ideas besides meal plans, however, and so people were suggesting ways they get new ideas. I happened to know a meal planning site I think is good, so I recommended it, but if looking for new ideas I'd also check out vegetarian blogs and cook books and the Epicurious site, which allows you to be pretty specific in requesting recipe ideas (use this ingredient and not these other ingredients).