Finally below 400lbs!!

2»

Replies

• rossbaker2_sc
    rossbaker2_sc Posts: 43 Member
    davani09 wrote: »
    Incredible!! well done you, this is fantastic, what sort of things do you eat if you dont mind me asking?

1200 cals a day. I eat a lot of fish and green veggies. Broccoli is like an every day thing. Same with spring mix and kale. No fried food. No bread. No pasta. No potatoes. Rarely a carrot. But that’s what my nutritionist and my doctor suggested. Don’t do what I’m doing without consulting your doctor

Are you satisfied with what you're eating every day? It's good that you're consulting a doctor and nutritionist but you want to make sure they're building you a plan that will not only help you achieve your goals but will also allow you to be satisfied and set up for success long-term.
  • davani09
    davani09 Posts: 43 Member
    serge_sc wrote: »
    Incredible!! well done you, this is fantastic, what sort of things do you eat if you dont mind me asking?

1200 cals a day. I eat a lot of fish and green veggies. Broccoli is like an every day thing. Same with spring mix and kale. No fried food. No bread. No pasta. No potatoes. Rarely a carrot. But that’s what my nutritionist and my doctor suggested. Don’t do what I’m doing without consulting your doctor

Are you satisfied with what you're eating every day? It's good that you're consulting a doctor and nutritionist but you want to make sure they're building you a plan that will not only help you achieve your goals but will also allow you to be satisfied and set up for success long-term.

Yeah. I think my stomach shrunk because it’s hard to eat more than that sometimes
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited April 2019

Yeah. I think my stomach shrunk because it’s hard to eat more than that sometimes

A frequent misconception I see is to think if someone is doing a diet with dietary restrictions/eliminations, that the restrictions are henceforth forever for life. That may be the thrust of the question being asked. In other words, he likely wants to know if you plan on eating the diet described for the rest of your life, and are O.K. with those restrictions if you are. Or not...whether in terms of (A), you know you'll eventually grow tired of eating the current limited food options or, (B), if there's more to the supervised plan you've been placed on.

I would like to assume if your diet is similar to other supervised diets; once an initial [_X_] % of starting weight is lost, you are transitioned to a 2nd phase/step/"some name for it" portion of the diet plan that slows the rate of loss. Namely to teach and get you actively working with food choices in terms of calories/macros and reintroducing food groups initially restricted/eliminated to learn how to make savvy choices/swaps/substitutes within and between since in reality you will eventually be eating from all the food groups you were prior to the start of a diet's new way of eating. Only, by then, to be adept at applying those learned tools in your day-to-day nutritional/dietetics decisions so you can maintain whatever new weight you are satisfied at achieving regardless of what life throws at you, be it from within (emotions, etc.) or without (food available to choose from).
  • davani09
    davani09 Posts: 43 Member

A frequent misconception I see is to think if someone is doing a diet with dietary restrictions/eliminations, that the restrictions are henceforth forever for life. That may be the thrust of the question being asked. In other words, he likely wants to know if you plan on eating the diet described for the rest of your life, and are O.K. with those restrictions if you are. Or not...whether in terms of (A), you know you'll eventually grow tired of eating the current limited food options or, (B), if there's more to the supervised plan you've been placed on.

I would like to assume if your diet is similar to other supervised diets; once an initial [_X_] % of starting weight is lost, you are transitioned to a 2nd phase/step/"some name for it" portion of the diet plan that slows the rate of loss. Namely to teach and get you actively working with food choices in terms of calories/macros and reintroducing food groups initially restricted/eliminated to learn how to make savvy choices/swaps/substitutes within and between since in reality you will eventually be eating from all the food groups you were prior to the start of a diet's new way of eating. Only, by then, to be adept at applying those learned tools in your day-to-day nutritional/dietetics decisions so you can maintain whatever new weight you are satisfied at achieving regardless of what life throws at you, be it from within (emotions, etc.) or without (food available to choose from).

I’m okay with eating like this for the rest of my life. But since I’m only doing 1200 now, at some point I’ll have to increase calories and maybe reintroduce certain foods. But that’s up to my nutritionist
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Great accomplishment! Keep it going!!
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    You are such an inspiration! Congratulations on your weight loss to date!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    You have a wonderful attitude- I believe this will work out for you- Good luck and keep it up!!!!
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,227 Member
    Congratulations! Keep going and winning.
    I was near to 400 (SW 376) and kept losing from 2013 to GW 184 in 2018 at age 70.
    The long haul was worth the wait and now my one year anniversary at GW will be 5/10/19.
  • Striveandstrive
    Striveandstrive Posts: 11 Member
    That’s great, good for you!
  • pipspot
    pipspot Posts: 1 Member
    Take it 1 day at a time and don't fixate on the scale. You know if you are following your plan. The weight will take care of itself, after all as you said it's a life style change and time is your friend. You will feel the difference as you go which will keep you motivated. Great job, keep it up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!