I don't think carbs are bad!

Options
ekbrwz
ekbrwz Posts: 9 Member
It seems all the current diet and nutrition advice tells us to cut back on carbs, and eat more protein and fat.

So, when I finish a day, and I'm under my calorie allowance, but I had like 60% carbs, I feel like a failure. It's dumb.

I just don't crave meat!

Veggies and fruit are carbs! Whole grains are carbs!

Am I the only person trying to lose weight in 2019 that does NOT want to limit carbs?

I feel like it's just like 10-20 years ago they were all about limiting fat, low-fat this, non-fat that. Turns out that wasn't the best advice. I feel like pretty soon the Keto/Low-Carb craze will turn out to be just another phaze.

What do you think about carbs?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Yep! I totally agree.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I'm the same. I don't like meat all that much and I feel hungry if I don't have a starch with my meal. I don't know if it's because I'm physically more satiated by carbs or mentally more satisfied (likely both), but that's what has been working for me, so that's what I will continue to do. I also eat a variety of carbs. Starchy, fibrous, complex, simple, processed, unprocessed... everything. My blood sugar is down from almost diabetic to normal levels because I lost weight.

ETA and side note: for protein, try lupin seeds. Just boil them in plain water (without salt), then store them in salted water in the fridge. Such an amazing protein rich snack with a great amino acid profile for a plant. If you also eat egg whites, you're set.