Hogwarts Weight Loss Challenge [Term 24] - 9 Week Weight Loss Challenge *April 19th to June 23rd*

Kisame29
Kisame29 Posts: 9,520 Member

Looking to get ready for summer? Perhaps join us at Hogwarts to help get in shape and work towards your weight loss goals! Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is approaching our 24th term and we're opening up the application to anyone would like to apply :)

Term 24 information:
  • Term 24 will be a 9 week term themed around Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
  • The term will run from Friday, April 19th (with starting weigh-in starting that Friday and the full activities beginning on Monday) through Sunday, June 23rd. You should join by Friday, April 19th to keep your place.
  • You will receive notification via owl (PM/email) if you have been accepted or put on the wait list. Owls should go out on Tuesday, April 16th through Wednesday, April 17th (and should be received by the end of Wednesday, April 17th). If you do NOT join by 11:59 pm ET on Friday, April 19th or respond to the prefect that PM'd you, then your spot will be given to someone on the wait list. So make sure to respond to your acceptance PM to hold your space :)
  • Wait List Owls will be sent as emails (since they are more reliable) while acceptance Owls may be PMs or emails based on how the prefects decide to send them. The key point is to check both the email you gave us in the application AND your PMs.
  • If you have not received ANY PM or email by the morning of Friday, April 19th, please feel free to PM me or one of the headgirls @Maalea or @fithphoenix so one of us can help you figure out what happened (ie if you just didn't receive your PM/email, if there was a typo in your username on the application, etc). Everyone who applied should receive SOME type of message (PM or email) by Friday, April 19th if we successfully received your application.
  • We also highly suggest joining Hogsmeade Village since we will be using that group to help communicate with everyone between terms (and communicate with wait listers during a term).

General Information:
  • We have a variety of challenges including food/dietary challenges (Potions), trivia (Defense Against the Dark Arts), and physical challenges (Quidditch), in addition to special challenges to match the theme.
  • We also have a weekly weigh-in every Friday through Sunday.
  • We require a certain amount of participation each week and you may be expelled for missing too many challenges without giving appropriate notification to your prefect. Full details are in the rules although PM if you have questions!

Feel free to contact a member of the staff with any questions including our headgirls @fitphoenix and @Maalea. You may also post in this thread or contact @Kisame29 (Hogwarts Deputy Headmistress) to confirm that your application was received.

We highly suggest applying as soon as possible to guarantee yourself a spot.

Sincerely,
Kisame
(Deputy Headmistress)

Replies

• fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Can't wait for Term 24 to start!
  • StraubreyR
    StraubreyR Posts: 631 Member
    Me either! It's been a long time!
  • Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,209 Member
    time to re start

Can't wait for term 24
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,820 Member
    Can’t wait for Term 14, 😀
  • hannah_mu_22
    hannah_mu_22 Posts: 1 Member
    I’m kinda confused as to what this is, I filled out the google form, so do I just wait to get my acceptance letter????
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,820 Member
    edited April 2019
    @hannah_mu_22

You will receive notification via owl (PM/email) if you have been accepted or put on the wait list. Owls should go out on Tuesday, April 16th through Wednesday, April 17th (and should be received by the end of Wednesday, April 17th). If you do NOT join by 11:59 pm ET on Friday, April 19th or respond to the prefect that PM'd you, then your spot will be given to someone on the wait list. So make sure to respond to your acceptance PM to hold your space :)

Wait List Owls will be sent as emails (since they are more reliable) while acceptance Owls may be PMs or emails based on how the prefects decide to send them. The key point is to check both the email you gave us in the application AND your PMs.
  • TayaCurragh
    TayaCurragh Posts: 709 Member
    This sounds great! I've applied a bit last minute,hope I get accepted :smile:
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Owls are going out!! I'm so excited!! Ready for another term to begin!! Thank u to all who dedicate their time to helping run this!! <3
  • Makeyourdreamshappen
    Makeyourdreamshappen Posts: 48 Member
    OMG! This is SOOOO cool! I'm seriously fangirling over here lol I will be in HP World in May <3 I can't wait! I've taken the Pottermore quiz a couple of times and every time my result has been Gryffindor <3 This is just amazing. I was in such a horrible mood before I discovered this post but now I'm bouncing off the walls HAHA
  • Makeyourdreamshappen
    xrobzfuphuaw.png
  • LadySaton
    LadySaton Posts: 500 Member
    edited April 2019
    Nvm, I just noticed it said they go out through Wednesday so that answered my question. ;-)
  • Makeyourdreamshappen
    Kisame29 wrote: »

Looking to get ready for summer? Perhaps join us at Hogwarts to help get in shape and work towards your weight loss goals! Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is approaching our 24th term and we're opening up the application to anyone would like to apply :)

Term 24 information:
    • Term 24 will be a 9 week term themed around Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
    • The term will run from Friday, April 19th (with starting weigh-in starting that Friday and the full activities beginning on Monday) through Sunday, June 23rd. You should join by Friday, April 19th to keep your place.
    • You will receive notification via owl (PM/email) if you have been accepted or put on the wait list. Owls should go out on Tuesday, April 16th through Wednesday, April 17th (and should be received by the end of Wednesday, April 17th). If you do NOT join by 11:59 pm ET on Friday, April 19th or respond to the prefect that PM'd you, then your spot will be given to someone on the wait list. So make sure to respond to your acceptance PM to hold your space :)
    • Wait List Owls will be sent as emails (since they are more reliable) while acceptance Owls may be PMs or emails based on how the prefects decide to send them. The key point is to check both the email you gave us in the application AND your PMs.
    • If you have not received ANY PM or email by the morning of Friday, April 19th, please feel free to PM me or one of the headgirls @Maalea or @fithphoenix so one of us can help you figure out what happened (ie if you just didn't receive your PM/email, if there was a typo in your username on the application, etc). Everyone who applied should receive SOME type of message (PM or email) by Friday, April 19th if we successfully received your application.
    • We also highly suggest joining Hogsmeade Village since we will be using that group to help communicate with everyone between terms (and communicate with wait listers during a term).

General Information:
    • We have a variety of challenges including food/dietary challenges (Potions), trivia (Defense Against the Dark Arts), and physical challenges (Quidditch), in addition to special challenges to match the theme.
    • We also have a weekly weigh-in every Friday through Sunday.
    • We require a certain amount of participation each week and you may be expelled for missing too many challenges without giving appropriate notification to your prefect. Full details are in the rules although PM if you have questions!

Feel free to contact a member of the staff with any questions including our headgirls @fitphoenix and @Maalea. You may also post in this thread or contact @Kisame29 (Hogwarts Deputy Headmistress) to confirm that your application was received.

We highly suggest applying as soon as possible to guarantee yourself a spot.

Sincerely,
    Kisame
    (Deputy Headmistress)

Hi there :) I messaged you guys a couple days ago but I did not get a response. I have been checking my messages and my email.
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,084 Member
    Most times MFP messages only work if people are friends on MFP, so it is very likely that none of us got your message (at least I didn't).
    I will check the applications again tomorrow morning when I am on a PC and will get back to you.
  • Makeyourdreamshappen
    Maalea wrote: »
    Most times MFP messages only work if people are friends on MFP, so it is very likely that none of us got your message (at least I didn't).
    I will check the applications again tomorrow morning when I am on a PC and will get back to you.

That makes sense :) Thank you!
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,084 Member
    Maalea wrote: »

That makes sense :) Thank you!

I just sent you an email! :)
  • Kittysaurusrex13
    Kittysaurusrex13 Posts: 343 Member
    Any word on Term 25? I'd love to join.