What's your best weight loss advice?

Options
tara4487
tara4487 Posts: 118 Member
Whats your best weight loss tip/advice I could always use more ideas to help get this last 25lbs off

Replies

• SweetTooth68
    SweetTooth68 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Didn't you just lose 8lbs in one week?!! You need to tell US the secrets :laugh: SPILL!
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I have 2:
    1.You have to sleep - the fat fairy tends to visit in the middle of the night.
    2. all calories are not created equal 100 calories of butter does not equal 100 calories of beans
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Whats your best weight loss tip/advice I could always use more ideas to help get this last 25lbs off
    Be CONSISTENT. Whenever I hear how people didn't lose weight was usually because they fell off the wagon.
  • 05Oaks
    05Oaks Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it.
    Even if its been a bad day or things are going slow Just keep at it and with time you will succeed!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Make a plan and work your plan
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Make sure your goals are set realistically and appropriately. You should probably be in the 0.5-1lb per week setting now. Also, know your lean body mass to check that your final goal makes sense for your body type - example: if you have 120lbs of lean body mass, you are not going to get down to 125 without serious damage to your body.
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Don't diet. Change your lifestyle.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    put down the fork
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Plateau means zig zag for a day or two to restart your metabolism.

Never deprive, always enjoy, and make each calorie count... there are too few to waste.

When you exercise, sometimes focus on intensity and other times focus on endurance. Both are valuable.

See my blog for restaurant tips and travel tips.
  • Wilfred808
    Wilfred808 Posts: 113
    Options
    I have 2:
    2. all calories are not created equal 100 calories of butter does not equal 100 calories of beans
    so what would happen if you ate under maintenance and most of your calories came from butter?
  • moonflower09
    moonflower09 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Keep balanced. Eat as close to fresh as possible.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself, if you have a bad meal/day/week, make the next one better

Portion Control has been my biggest help.
  • tara4487
    Options
    Thx everyone for the advice it's getting so much harder
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    drink between 3 and 4 quarts of water a day.

eat protein with each meal.

eat veggies.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Take a break every 12 weeks for 7-10 days!

protein with every meal

:smile:
  • futurefitgirl88
    Options
    Be CONSISTENT. Whenever I hear how people didn't lose weight was usually because they fell off the wagon.

Amen to that.

Which means....these excuses cannot be used:
    1) Oh its my birthday (that does not give you a get out of jail free card to 15000 calorie meal....having 1 cupcake is a different story...or one 600 calorie decadent meal)
    2) Going on a vacation (That is not an excuse either...losing weight is NOT EASY.... even if you are going to not loose weight in vacation...try NOT TO GAIN...and you do that by practicing discipline, self control and moderation)... I went on a vacation on my 4th week of weight loss journey for 2 weeks and lost 5 pounds BOOYA!!!

One slip out can happen.... but that does not mean you should fall off the wagon...that's just being soft!! =)
  • futurefitgirl88
    Options
    Take a break every 12 weeks for 7-10 days!

protein with every meal

:smile:

break for 10 days can lead a person from having a six pack to a one big pack!! haha just need to be eating spring rolls and indian takeout.
  • tara4487
    Options
    put down the fork

Lol I wish I could !
  • aprilhelmreich
    aprilhelmreich Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Track everything you eat

NEVER give up. ALWAYS keep chipping away at it even if it seems hopeless!!
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I have 2:
    so what would happen if you ate under maintenance and most of your calories came from butter?

You may poop out sticks of butter!lol

Here are some numbers to consider in your scenario though:
    *Butter 1 cup
    1628 calories
    2g protein
    184g fat
    0 fiber

*Broccoli 55 cup
    1646 calories
    136 g protein
    18 g fat
    126g fiber

So as long as you don't need protein for your muscles, fiber for a quality poo, and all the other nutrients, that come with green veg then you'd me fine :)