Another newie - scared yet hopeful

success_atlast
success_atlast Posts: 1
edited October 1 in Introduce Yourself
I really really want to lose the weight this time, I never believe I can do it but can't keep holding on/putting on even more.

I live in Sydney Australia and would love any support going :)

I am originally from London, England and moved to Sydney in 1998 - supposedly for a 1 year working holiday!

I love it but it is hard being so very far from family especially now i have young children and would love their involvement and support.

My girls are 3.5 and 11 mths, they are both gorgeous though i do find it hard juggling the 2 of them alone and feel i never really meet anyone's needs.

I am super tired from my baby waking through the night and general demands of motherhood, so i do struggle with willpower. I got pregnant on honeymoon so would love to get close to where I was at on my wedding day. But at this stage would be happy to get to anywhere significantly less than 80kg.

I often feel that others can do it but I can't. As soon as I think of a diet I rebel and get much worse with chocolate and the like.

But I REALLY want to do it - i put in huge amounts of weight with both my girls and have never lost it. Still breastfeeding so I don't want to diet strictly, but do it with cutting out junk and increasing exercise.

Replies

• moonflower09
    moonflower09 Posts: 91 Member
    Good for you! This is a great site. Keep hangin in there. Lots of great advice and motivation
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    I really really want to lose the weight this time, I never believe I can do it but can't keep holding on/putting on even more.

I live in Sydney Australia and would love any support going :)

I am originally from London, England and moved to Sydney in 1998 - supposedly for a 1 year working holiday!

I love it but it is hard being so very far from family especially now i have young children and would love their involvement and support.

My girls are 3.5 and 11 mths, they are both gorgeous though i do find it hard juggling the 2 of them alone and feel i never really meet anyone's needs.

I am super tired from my baby waking through the night and general demands of motherhood, so i do struggle with willpower. I got pregnant on honeymoon so would love to get close to where I was at on my wedding day. But at this stage would be happy to get to anywhere significantly less than 80kg.

I often feel that others can do it but I can't. As soon as I think of a diet I rebel and get much worse with chocolate and the like.

But I REALLY want to do it - i put in huge amounts of weight with both my girls and have never lost it. Still breastfeeding so I don't want to diet strictly, but do it with cutting out junk and increasing exercise.

You are in the right place! I wish you all the best. Just keep believing in yourself and the rest will come. One day at a time.
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 328 Member
    This is a wonderful site, welcome. I am an Aussie. I live in Perth. Feel free to add me if you want honest support and motivation
  • I have always had your same attitude towards diets, and just a little motivation I have been doing MFP for about a month and have lost 6 pounds! It's something about not wanting to put "bad foods" in my fitness diary. And I am somewhat competetive so I dont' like to see any of my columns go into the red. I think I could have better progress if I can fit more exercise in, but working in a hospital it's tough with my crazy schedule. I hope that you can stick with it and reach your goal!
  • auskelly
    auskelly Posts: 45 Member
    im new too , feel free to add me, im from south australia , welcome ;)
  • macantrell
    macantrell Posts: 112 Member
    Welcome, you can do it with the help of others. I think logging every bite and paying attention to portions size has huge results. I loved what someone commented to me the other day " do it one day at a time; one step at a time; one thought at a time".
    Recognize small NON Scale Victories (NSV) even little one.
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Hi success_atlast.

I have been up and down with weight, for almost 20 years since I had my first child. What I have done this time is not diet per se, as I can never stick to a diet. So what I have done is put in my goal (2lbs per week) MFP tells me how many calories I can take in per day to meet this goal and my initial goal when I began was to simply eat no more than those calories. So I just cut back I did not deny myself something it just had less of it.

I started to add exercise and now I walk around an hour a day. My goal is to be doing this that are maintainable, so cutting back versus following a diet, walking versus killing myself at a gym or taking up running has worked for me and it is something I can maintain for years to come. I have challenged myself recently by how much I walk and pushing for 12 cups of water a day.

So my point do something that you can maintain. In doing so at least for me I have lost 44lbs in 3 months.

Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.