Diet pill.. Xenical (fat absorbtion blocker)

Options
Has anyone taken this type of diet pill and had any experiences or results they would like to share? I already eat a very low in fat and calorie diet and exercise 6 days a week so i'm just wondering if they will even do anything for me because i dont eat much fat.

Before people explode and go off into how Diet pills are cheating, do not work, or that i should do it the healthy way keep in ,mind I only asked the question ABOVE and thats it. You do not know me or how hard I have worked to get to my weight nad a little bit of help getting me cut so maybe I can do a competition is not gonna kill me this once.

Replies

• brantsmom1
    brantsmom1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I thought the FDA pulled it off the market because it caused heart problems? I might have it confused with another one. I took it about ten years ago, I did lose some weight, gained it all back...of course. All I remember about it was if you ate anything with fat in it, stay really close to a bathroom. And if you think you are going to fart, it is probably a lot more than just a fart.... just saying.
  • dragonfly2418
    dragonfly2418 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I personally have not taken it but my best friend did. She had the bad "leakage" side effect that is listed. So basically if you take it and happen to eat something that has ahigher fat content, it does what it is intended for. It blocks the absortion of the fat. But the unfortunate side effect it that it has to come out and if you are not within 5 feet of a restroom shortly after eating you are in trouble. Lets just say it wasn't a pretty picture. Good luck.
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I believe the primary issue with fat absorption blockers is that they can potentially give you bowel issues and possibly anal leakage/discharge.
  • kassandra1717
    kassandra1717 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I thought the FDA pulled it off the market because it caused heart problems? I might have it confused with another one. I took it about ten years ago, I did lose some weight, gained it all back...of course. All I remember about it was if you ate anything with fat in it, stay really close to a bathroom. And if you think you are going to fart, it is probably a lot more than just a fart.... just saying.

LOL well i havent had any side effects yet and its day 2.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I have used it you only need to take it when you have a meal that is higher in fat. It makes the fat go through you. Say if you eat pizza and take it when you poop, it (sorry guys) looks like a oil slick thats how you can tell it works. now on the other hand don't just eat a fatty meal because you know you can just pop a pill because it does have not lady like side effects. If you feel like you are going to sorry again (pass gas) you better make to the potty. After you use it for awhile those bad effect diminish. This product was the only one that the VA would prescribe for teens. Its doesn't make you nervous or anything like that it just effect 25% of the fat in that one meal. So it doesn't stay in your system
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options

LOL well i havent had any side effects yet and its day 2.
    No they have this not taken this off the market. only oily bowels when you eat too much fat but you can ask your physician
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Has anyone taken this type of diet pill and had any experiences or results they would like to share? I already eat a very low in fat and calorie diet and exercise 6 days a week so i'm just wondering if they will even do anything for me because i dont eat much fat.

Before people explode and go off into how Diet pills are cheating, do not work, or that i should do it the healthy way keep in ,mind I only asked the question ABOVE and thats it. You do not know me or how hard I have worked to get to my weight nad a little bit of help getting me cut so maybe I can do a competition is not gonna kill me this once.
    You want a stack? PM me.