FAILING!!!

Options
I’m so disgusted with myself. I’ve gained 12 pounds back in the past 2 months. Going through a divorce, 2 hospital stays, 2 teenagers.....no motivation. I’ve worked so hard and I never wanted to go backwards. I need a pep talk. Or a good swift kick in the behind if anyone’s near Pittsburgh!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    Sorry you're struggling. Do you have a therapist or a pastor or someone who is familiar with your story who could help you ? I would think it is mostly stress related hormone response, so not likely to be actual fat you gained. Illness and stress can cause inflammation - so can lack of sleep. Stay the course, don't beat yourself up and get some help in real life. Talk it out with someone who will keep your confidence.
  • MichelleMcKeeRN
    MichelleMcKeeRN Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people have a hard time sticking with it! I am certainly trying to get back to losing weight too. You have to find what motivates you and keep that in mind. Losing sight of that goal is what does us in.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    You don’t fail unless you give up. You’re having setbacks because of a really tough patch in your life. But if you keep trying, and do the best you can, taking baby steps when you need to, be good to yourself, and not give up, you will eventually succeed.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Listen, most everyone gains their weight back. So, you're not a failure and you've done nothing to deserve what you're going through. It is wonderful that you've caught your regain at 12 pounds. Maybe focusing on yourself will be a great distraction from the tough time of going through a divorce. I'm so sorry you have that stress in your life.

We are all different.. but I find when I'm disciplined with my health and fitness.. those good habits migrate to other areas of my life. Losing weight and getting fit is something we can control in this life.
  • roseslate75
    roseslate75 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much. I guess I was having a bit of a pity party for myself. Tomorrow is a new day and I plan on getting back on track. I now have 18 pounds left to hit my goal weight. I got this! ☺️
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much. I guess I was having a bit of a pity party for myself. Tomorrow is a new day and I plan on getting back on track. I now have 18 pounds left to hit my goal weight. I got this! ☺️

It sounds like you have A LOT on your plate! Acknowledging your feelings is important. Be sure to practice self care. Stress reduction is so important, however you choose to go about it - exercising, yoga, meditation, getting together with friends, reading a good book, etc.

I hope you’re healthy and feeling better about yourself today. If losing weight was easy, there’d be way fewer overweight people!
  • mitch22098
    mitch22098 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

Good for you. Keep that chin up. Pittsburgh weather is finally getting good for outdoor stuff.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You know how to lose the weight because you’ve already lost a pound many times. You’re nipping this in the bud, do just start using your skills today!