Healthy, FILLING, breakfast ideas?

Options
Sarahhh72936
Sarahhh72936 Posts: 1 Member
I work a lot. We get mandatory breaks and lunches but we sometimes dont get our first break until 2-3 hours into our shift. I try to eat 2 hours before work so i can get ready after that. I noticed i get hungry as hell about 2 hours later, 4 hour window. What are some awesome recipies i can use to get my day started out right that keep my from getting hangry???

Replies

• ultra_violets
    ultra_violets Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much you like eggs, but a ham and cheese omelette ought to keep you nicely full. Good fats and protein is the way you want to go, whatever you choose.
  • sandrahwinnie
    sandrahwinnie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Porridge made with milk, honey. Seeds and toasted almonds sprinkled on top. Can add fruit compote or fresh fruit on top.
  • sandrahwinnie
    sandrahwinnie Posts: 5 Member
    Options

On the go oats
    Porridge oats or meusli with grated a grated apple sprinkled with lemon juice. Add some seeds. Mix all together.
    Add a tablespoon of yogurt
    Top with red berries of your choice, peaches or banana.
    Leave in cintainer in fridge overnight to soak and either have at home or take to work.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oatmeal.
    I prepare a batch on Sunday, and freeze individual portions to last all week. Take it out of the freezer the night before, put in the refrigerator overnight to thaw, and heat in the microwave in the morning. My favorites are with blueberries, walnuts, and chia seeds, or raspberries, almonds unsweetened coconut, and chia seeds. I top with unsweetened almond milk. You can go sweet or savory, the sky is the limit on flavors and it’s really a filling breakfast. There are hundreds of recipes on the internet.
  • SchweddyGirl
    SchweddyGirl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats. You can have it cold or nuke it in the morning. Thousands of recipes available for it. Extremely filling.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    I love overnight oats with chopped apples (lots), cinnamon, and a little bit of flax seed, nut butter or nuts. Adding the nuts or nut butter is the key to having them be filling. There are an infinite number of variations of overnight oats.
    A riff on Huevos Rancheros works well for my teenager: corn tortilla, generous layer of mashed beans (nonfat refried, comes in cans), with a couple of over easy eggs on top. Add salsa as desired.
    This is on my list of items to try: Savory Breakfast Bake
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Eggs are the only thing that really satisfies me. I make them all different kinds of ways. Crustless quiche. Scrambled into hashbrowns and veggies. Omeletes. In burritos or tacos. On a sandwich.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Eggs...fried, scrambled, omelet, quiche, boiled...top with cheese

Sides...bacon, roasted potatoes and/or some other veggie

I also will sometimes just eat leftovers from dinner.
  • Suuzanne37
    Suuzanne37 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Eggs, Avocado, Toast (Optional) and Fruit.
  • jdsass82
    jdsass82 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've a big fan of avocado toast with one fried egg on top. I use bread that is 45 calories per slice, fresh avocado that is mashed, and egg fried in a few teaspoons of oil. Salt, pepper, sometimes garlic and sesame seeds. It keeps me going from 7:30 until pretty much noon.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    i've found steel cut oats filling. much more than quick cooking oats. i make it with lots of water and let it sit to increase portion/quantity without extra cals. I add spices (cinamin) and a bit of frozen fruit for taste (can be fresh just easier to use frozen). i make a batch of 3-4 servings one night and portion it out ready to hit the microwave.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Bacon eggs avocado toast dark chocolate and coffee...nothing unhealthy about it, and I'm usually good to go for 5 hours.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Great ideas!