Whey Protien

Options
I’ve been drinking one scoop of weigh protein mixed with 8 oz of 1% milk every morning for breakfast and then I don’t eat an actual meal until 12 o’clock. Is this a good morning meal replacement or am I setting myself up for failure on my weight loss journey?

Replies

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Are you within your calorie goals? Are you losing weight? Why wouldn’t it be a good meal replacement if it keeps you full, fits your macros and is within your calorie goals? Confused by the question.
  • HereToLose50
    HereToLose50 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    alexrae23 wrote: »
    I’ve been drinking one scoop of weigh protein mixed with 8 oz of 1% milk every morning for breakfast and then I don’t eat an actual meal until 12 o’clock. Is this a good morning meal replacement or am I setting myself up for failure on my weight loss journey?

You don't have to have anything at all in the mornings. Staying in your calorie alottment is what matters. Most days I don't eat until afternoon sometime just because I'm not hungry until then.

The whole breakfast is the most important meal thing was to sell breakfast foods.
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it depends on the nutrition content. We probably won’t be able to say much since we don’t know what powder you use.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    A protein shake isn't a meal replacement - but there's also no compulsion to have breakfast at all or a set number of meals either. Many people either naturally skip breakfast entirely or do a more formalised intermittent fasting eating pattern.

Using a car analogy people have enormous "fuel tanks", you don't need to top up your tank before every journey.

Look at your entire diet not just one meal or one component of that overall diet. If milk and whey protein in the morning helps you meet your overall nutrition and calorie goals then it's fine.

Perhaps you can expand on your worry about "setting yourself up for failure" as I don't see where that concern is coming from?
  • kellykiana
    kellykiana Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You don't necessarily need breakfast, but I usually do, or I will get stomach pains before lunch... or worse, hangry!
    I put my whey protein in a smoothie with non-fat greek yogurt, almond milk, frozen fruit, and flax seed. This gives me some of my daily carbs and fat, and also fills me up to last till lunch.

Everyone is different. I have to have breakfast every day, while some don't eat till lunch. See how you feel and how it is affecting your weight loss journey. As long as you are fitting within your calories and/or macros!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    I like to have a few carbs for breakfast (along with some prot and fat).