Just Shy of 50

Options
JillVincent1971
JillVincent1971 Posts: 1 Member
edited April 2019 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, Iā€™m Jill. Yo yo dieted all my life. I want to lose weight to be healthier and to quit taking my blood pressure meds forever. Any tips appreciated šŸ˜€

Replies

• bionicshouldemfp
    bionicshouldemfp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I turn 47 in less than a week. Goal to get back to 200lbs by age 50 (275 this AM). Know I need to set some short range, intermediate goals - this month is simply logging everything I eat.

That would be my recommendation: small, discrete, acheivae goals along the path the the bigger goal
  • mominstands
    mominstands Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 48 in 2 weeks.........200lb is the weight I told myself I would never get higher than. Now I'm just trying to get back to that number.
  • tawtyping
    tawtyping Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hi Iā€™m 48 and need to lose at least 50lbs. Piled on weight after steroids for a stroke and want to get back to my old self! Please add me as a friend. Thanks
  • samsid03
    samsid03 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am also 48. I really need a daily accountability buddy who perhaps might be interested in texting to keep each other on track.

I have been married 28 years
    2 adult daughters one in Boston one in Knoxville
    3 beagles
    Teacher of 16 years I have taught everything 3-12 but currently teaching high school math
    Live in northern NY love to hike fish and be outdoors
    Diagnosed with hypothyroidism and Hashimotos
    Weigh 200 lbs at 5ā€™4ā€ goal weight is 175
    Please friend me / message me šŸ˜Š
  • sherevans2018
    sherevans2018 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'll be 48 in June, and I stepped on the scale this morning and was at my highest weight ever so I'm starting all over šŸ˜« feel free to send a friend request, would love to have some accountability!
  • RockingRican
    RockingRican Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    49 here. Lost 13 since Jan... slow but steady
  • eIIekay
    eIIekay Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm turning 50 soon...a few months away. I lost 50 lbs a couple years ago...gained back all but 10 lbs (which, in itself is a success...at least I didnt gain it all.) Recently getting back to it, but I've set my goal low, so that I can achieve. I need to feel successful to motivate myself. After creatively logging my chocolate indulgence, I'm trying hard to stay on track this week. I try to exercise every day for about a half hour. Sometimes it's a walk, sometimes a jog on the treadmill, sometimes biking. My overall goal is to lose 100 lbs. Feel free to add me! Can't have too many friends :)