No difference after 5 days

Options
Hello! I was wondering when did you start noticing any changes in your weight.
I'm planning to start doing exercises soon so that I check if there will be some difference.

Feel free to add me as friend if you wish. :)

Replies

• Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    About a week for me, but I am not going through monthly hormonal variations. If you are, depending on where you are in your cycle (and the water weight gain), it could be longer. Pick a reasonable deficit, weigh/measure your calorie intake so you have some confidence in your data, and stick to it. Exercise is great for fitness but don't go crazy with it in order to make some overzealous deficit goal.
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Accurately weigh everything that goes into your mouth and log it and come back in a month and we'll discuss your weight. I don't think 5 days is enough time to determine whether or not the plan is working.

What is:
    Your current weight?
    Your goal weight?
    Your age?
    Your height?
    The activity level you selected?
    The amount of weight you hope to lose per week?

Are you weighing every single thing that you put into your mouth with a gram scale (exclusive of plain water)? If not you are likely eating more than you think you are. Are you eating at least 1200 calories/day?

If you create a caloric deficit you will lose fat weight. There are no exceptions unless you are not human. :-)
  • wmweeza
    wmweeza Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I noticed at about 3 weeks I think. It's different for everyone
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I never bother to looks at the graphs of anything shorter than a month.
  • soliver1999
    soliver1999 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I’ll be honest, I’ve been keto for almost 2 months now and have lost 21 pounds and I still don’t see a difference. It can take a lot of time but you just have to keep going.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Five days isn’t a lot of time, it was about three weeks before I saw the scale move. I did perceive my clothes hanging a bit better before that though.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I started a pretty strict regimen on Feb 23. I lost 3-4 lbs in week 1, but then I didn't start seeing real, steady progress again until week 5. Now it's been steady each week into week 8. I am on track to lose 6-8 lbs this month, so i've seen double the progress from month 1.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I would give it at least 30 days. You're likely to see a lot of fluctuations in your weight in the beginning and that can be discouraging to some. After the first 4-6 weeks you should start to see a nice downward trend on your graphs. Don't be discouraged by temporary upticks, especially if you weigh daily like I do, the more important part is that your trend is downward.
  • kellykiana
    kellykiana Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I did not notice until 4-6 weeks after starting. I was strict on my food intake and exercised 4-5 days a week.
    Healthy weightless is anywhere from .5 lbs to 2 lbs a week, depending on how much you need to lose, so you have to lose a substantial amount to notice. If you lose a couple pounds, you can't really tell a difference physically.

I did notice a difference in how I felt in about a week or so. Eating healthy and exercising made me FEEL more confident, more energetic, happier, and less sluggish.

I try not to focus on how fast my journey is, but try to focus on how I feel and having a healthy lifestyle that I can maintain and enjoy. For me, this journey is not temporary, its not just getting to my goal weight and thats it. It is a life long experience to enjoy!
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hello, just remember quicker to gain then to lose. Patience is a must.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Not sure what you'd expect after only 5 days. Weight loss is a slow process. Unless you're obese/morbidly obese, you shouldn't expect much of anything in 5 days.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    The only thing that should change after 5 days is your expectations.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    5 days isn't very long. give it a few weeks.