Tiny, tiny baby steps

Options
k342539
k342539 Posts: 5 Member
Hi. My name is Kim. I’m going to try. Again. My weight is a mess, my body is a mess, and my health is a mess. I cannot sit, stand, walk, lay down without pain at this point. As much as I would like to do a monthly challenge or a weekly challenge, I have to take it one day. Even an hour. My little tiny baby step goal today is to walk 1000 steps. Just to wear my Fitbit monitor and walk 1000 steps.

I would love some company. I would love some support. And I would love to provide some company. I would love to provide some support

Any takers?

Replies

• Dopey4running
    Dopey4running Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am looking to start with baby steps too. Are you still looking for some company and support?
  • k342539
    Options
    Absolutely! My goal today is a tiny baby step of 1000 steps. What is yours? :)
  • Dopey4running
    Dopey4running Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My goal is to log all my food each day.
  • MzRCR
    MzRCR Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would like to join with baby steps. Trying to put in some form of exercise. Today I printed an article with exercises I can do in my chair.

I am not good with tracking either. I started again Saturday. 3 days in. Trying to make it to Friday.
  • hope25
    hope25 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Baby stepping here too. Tracking my food and walking at least 10,000 are my goals right now.
  • k342539
    Options
    Welcome and good morning! I did a tiny baby step yesterday! Going for a 10 minute walk in the morning felt great! I haven’t been able to do that in quite some time. Joined my husband and our puppy for a walk down the street. Did a total of 2800 steps for the day which is good for me now. My baby step for today is to go for another walk this morning, I don’t think it’ll be raining. It is great to see some people joining us. I hope you all have a great day and are able to take your baby steps. :)
  • MzRCR
    Options
    Good morning. Looks like we are off to a good start. My goal for today is to do 1 of the exercises I found for 10 minutes.

Not sure why I am so unmotivated to exercise. As I think about it perhaps my baby step goal is to do an exercise with no time constraint. Just need to get started🏋🏾‍♀️
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,028 Member
    Options
    @MzRCR
    The best advice I ever got for this is to begin with half the distance or time than what would be easy...

So when I was at my worst shape and sick I realize that walking around the block would be easy so I actually began with walking up and down the block of my street. Then I moved to around the Block. When that was easy I moved around two blocks and so forth.

This approach works in a matter what shape you’re in so for instance now it’s easy for me to walk 2 to 3 miles so when I switch to Hills I said OK let’s do a mile. Until that was easy

Another thing that helped me a lot is just doing it every single day - at about the same time of day - and thinking of it as ME TIME was the final piece that fell into place

When you start actually thinking of it as a glorious time to be able to hear your own thoughts and see nature and relax, it will become something you look forward to❣️

Final thought the research is pretty clear that exercise that you WANT to do improves your health while exercise that you feel you HAVE to do does not as much. Exercise raises the cortisol in your body so if you’re not feeling like doing it that raises the cortisol even more, but if it’s something you enjoy doing that counterbalances the cortisol :)
  • lgeiter1030
    lgeiter1030 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great advice!
  • lgeiter1030
    lgeiter1030 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would love to do baby steps with you all. I keep starting and stopping. I just need to be accountable. Having buddies should help. I love to walk and listen to music....my "me" time. I have been trying to fit at least a 15 min walk into my schedule at least once a day.
  • k342539
    Options
    I made progress the last several days with a nice morning walk. Yay! Felt great!
  • k342539
    Options
    Just went through all my clothes! A pile for resale, a pile for the thrift store, and a lot put back washed in the under bed storage boxes! OK let’s spring begin! LOL. Hope everybody’s having a good day.
  • MzRCR
    Options
    Wow. Good for you. I need to go through all of my clothes too.
  • MzRCR
    Options
    @Madison. I like that strategy. Thank you.
  • MzRCR
    Options
    How is every one doing with their tiny, baby step?? My steps were tracking and to do some sort of exercise for the week. I tracked every day and did 2 exercises that can be done while in bed. Oh my goodness, those bed exercises were really hard. (planks, leg lifts) Will try to do them 2 nights this week. Will try to track again during the week because I didn't track over the weekend.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,028 Member
    Options
    MzRCR wrote: »
    @Madison. I like that strategy. Thank you.
    MzRCR wrote: »
    How is every one doing with their tiny, baby step?? My steps were tracking and to do some sort of exercise for the week. I tracked every day and did 2 exercises that can be done while in bed. Oh my goodness, those bed exercises were really hard. (planks, leg lifts) Will try to do them 2 nights this week. Will try to track again during the week because I didn't track over the weekend.

@MzRCR Good for you with the exercises. The beginning is the hardest. It Will Get Easier!

Tracking becomes even more interesting over time! You can identify trends/patterns. I like to look back at whatI was eating when I was losing well to get hints about what I can change if the scale is currently creeping up.

You’ve got this!