What are your accomplishment you're proud of

So I'm just wondering what everyone's proudest accomplishments are? I'm not as far into this program as others are, but here's a one or two.

I lost 5 pds in 15 days. I know that's not much, but it was to me Lol

I walked a mile tonight!

I quit smoking. ( I thought I would never be able to).

My next accomplishment I wanna jog, I'm itching to jog, but still feel a little uncomfortable jogging at the park next to hard bodies.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,908 Member
    Helping getting my clients in shape with DAMN HARD WORKOUTS!
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    I quit smoking, and started running! This was HUGE for me, I had been smoking for 17 years, and was never athletic at all.
  • That I'm on this site. The thought of group weight loss (or group anything) has never been appealing to me, but community is important.
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Officiating 4 state championship games and 2 bowl games.
    (football)
  • techymum
    techymum Posts: 168
    Running is definitely my great accomplishment. Tonight I ran for 2 miles straight without walking. It seems like just yesterday that I could barely walk to the end of the block and home.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    That I've managed to be pretty consistent on exercise this summer. This is something I didn't think possible with 3 kids, a husband with a funky schedule and a job.
  • Phanessa917
    Phanessa917 Posts: 100 Member
    That's GREAT accomplishments! CongratS!
  • freeloaves
    freeloaves Posts: 281
    Losing 20kgs in 10months in 2009. Managing pretty much maintain that ... (put a little on, but not much).

Getting back into losing the final chunk of weight and actually exercising this time around.

Finally making the first step into going back to uni.

Having a very successful (so far!) relationship - a lot of other accomplishments have/will also stem from that in itself.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Transformed my body and mind into that of an athlete. I think it's the thing I'm most proud of, ever.
  • ChocoMary
    ChocoMary Posts: 68 Member
    Lost a total of 40.2 pounds in 5 month, so PROUD ! ;)
    Being able to do hard workout, run and staying motivated to do exercise every day now !
    Proud to be a new me in construction ;))) Still 55 to 60 pounds to go, but i can do IT ! ;)
  • piperjon
    piperjon Posts: 157 Member
    I cured my sleep apnea and resultant narcolepsy, and so now don't fall asleep when trying to do something, like mowing the lawn, making dinner or driving to work.

Score!

Pj
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,271 Member
    Smoke free for 5 years
    Losing almost 100 lbs
    Running
    Being a healthy role model for friends and family
    Becoming a athlete and after Sunday being a Triathlete
  • blynnblair
    blynnblair Posts: 274 Member
    Completing my first Sprint Duathlon in July. It was a 5k run, 12.4 miles biking then another 5k run. 2 years ago when I started this journey I would have NEVER imagined even attempting to do that. My ticker picture is me when I crossed the finish line, I was almost in tears when I finished! When I do it next year my plan is to beat my previous time :l
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    I have lost 17kg since christmas!

I have gone from squeezing into a size 18, to easily fitting into my 14 jeans, and well on my way to 12's!

I have stuck with a healthy eating regime that isn't ridiculous fad dieting for 8 months now!

I have stuck with exercising for 1hour x 4-6 times a week for 8 months now!

I have taken up doing yoga again, I loved it so much, and let it go for quite some years there.

I have quit with the excuses, and when things don't work out, what do i do? I go to the gym to work out my frustrations, or I go for a walk to work out my frustrations.

I have put myself and my health back in the top region of my priority list, right where I should be~!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Sculpting the start of some abs and the continued interest in nutrition and exercise to keep me going to get more definition
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Does it have to be fitness related?

My greatest accomplishment is giving birth to my daughter - at home - the old fashioned way. It was one of those "I am woman, hear me roar" moments :smile:

Fitness wise - it's that at 38 years old I have finally learned that my body needs good food and exercise and that I don't feel right when I don't get both every day... and that I am worth the effort. (Boy that was a tough lesson to learn)
  • ewong02
    ewong02 Posts: 22
    I used to be 155+ but now I'm down to 133. I'm rather proud of that, but it took a year or two get the weight off.

However, what I'm super proud of is the fact that my fitness level has improved so much from two years ago! I used to be out of breath after running two laps on the track at the gym, but now, I can run a couple miles before I stop. It took months running and running and running at the gym, but I hope I can keep it up :) I love running now!
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Bump for later
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    Mine is that I have been on this site for a little over a year and a half, logged everyday, lost 113 lbs and can now walk for MILES, ride bike (rode 30 miles last Sunday) and am getting more fit everyday. Two years ago I could barely make it through the grocery store without being out of breath. I went from a size 24 (tight) clothing to a very comfortable 12 and hope to eventually make it to single digits.
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Got fired in 2004 and started a company at age 44, which I manage to keep afloat in the middle of the worse economy slump. I survived bladder cancer: I'm cancer free since 2009 and with the help of this site I lost the 35 lbs I had gained going in and out hospitals for years.
    I can now run 30 min 5Ks and finish a sprint-tri under 2 hours. Guys tell me that I look taller and I get a lot of positive comments from women.:blushing: I find my wife sexier :love: