Chocolate milk -- RUINED!!!! :(

Options
Oh my sweet Jesus --- my chocolate milk time has been defiled!!!

I *love* chocolate milk...I have a ridiculous obsession with it. I always look forward to it after my workouts and today was no different.

I opened a bottle of some that I'd just recently bought at the store (like 3 days ago), took a big swig -- RANCID!!!!

I looked at the date on the bottle cap...expires JULY 24, 2011!! YUUUUUUUUUCK!! I didn't know if I should try and gag it out or not! I didn't (amazingly), and opened another one (after checking the date on the cap) and drank that baby down!! I also drank a huge glass of water. Hopefully I won't be in the bathroom all day tomorrow at work, puking...

What do you think I should have done? Should I have tried to blow some chunks??

I'm super pissed this happened. I *always* check the date, but was excited they were on sale, so I bought all that were on the shelf (only 4). Gah!! ;p

Replies

• agugino
    agugino Posts: 119
    Options
    OMG! THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME TODAY. Exact same thing! WAIT, no. Mine expired August 24th, but it tasted HORRIBLE none the less.
  • MemphisMarly
    Options
    I think if your body didn't throw up on its own you probably don't need to. You'll be all right.
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Contact the supplier and tell them that you bought an expired product. Even though its not their fault, its the fault of the grocery store, they might send you coupons for free product.

I opened a chobani yogurt and almost started to eat it before I saw there was a thin layer of mold on top! ICK!! And the expiration date wasn't even reached!! I didn't know about contacting the supplier at the time, but I wish I would have because I have heard of people getting up to 4 times the compensation for the spoiled item.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I thought you were going to mention the "new" chocolate milk here that is mixed with buttermilk. Those are my choices locally for store bought, 1% mixed with buttermilk, or 2% chocolate... thankfully the stores noted the drop in sales and brought in the other supplier to keep the non buttermilk one available. As I'd really hate to lose chocolate milk over something so silly.

But yes spoiled dairy tends to put me off for a while, good for you being able to have another container that wasn't gone.
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    I'm confused. Are you needing help with something?
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    That is so gross when it happens! You will be fine, don't worry.
  • mrsmichellewilson
    mrsmichellewilson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    yuck......I dont think I will be drinking chocolate milk for a while . LoL
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Won't hurt you, just gross tasting. It happens to me more than I would prefer.
  • starkid120
    starkid120 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Contact the supplier and tell them that you bought an expired product. Even though its not their fault, its the fault of the grocery store, they might send you coupons for free product.

I opened a chobani yogurt and almost started to eat it before I saw there was a thin layer of mold on top! ICK!! And the expiration date wasn't even reached!! I didn't know about contacting the supplier at the time, but I wish I would have because I have heard of people getting up to 4 times the compensation for the spoiled item.

Thanks for this!! I definitely will!!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Not ruined for you since you still had some more right afterwards. lol Chocolate soy milk is pretty good too.
  • countinonme
    Options
    Your tummy should be fine because we eat things like cottage chesse, ect. which are byproducts of milk, for example. Sorry your chocolate time got messed up!
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Won't hurt you, just gross tasting. It happens to me more than I would prefer.

Chuckyp you need to read the labels and smell the chocolate milk! :laugh:
  • W0zzie
    W0zzie Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I know this is truly cruel but I wonder if this happened to my son it might cure his obsession with it for awhile. It is his biggest downfall against eating within a calorie budget - drinks away way too many calories %-/
  • starkid120
    starkid120 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Not ruined for you since you still had some more right afterwards. lol Chocolate soy milk is pretty good too.

That bottle was definitely ruined LOL!! I'm kind of scared of soy milk -- I tried some a while back that was vanilla flavored and I thought it tasted horrible (no offense)!! Never had the chocolate variety.

Soy would probably be a better option for me, since I'm lactose intolerant ;) Yup, I'm that dedicated to cow juice!! I just take a Lactaid before I drink any! ;)
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Mine haven't been with chocolate, just regular skim milk. And mine have all been either BEFORE the date or very shortly after. So somewhere along the line it's probably not getting stored at the right temperature. It's not always bad enough to smell either, sometimes it's just getting ready to go bad and you don't know it until you get a mouth full of it. Yuck!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

That bottle was definitely ruined LOL!! I'm kind of scared of soy milk -- I tried some a while back that was vanilla flavored and I thought it tasted horrible (no offense)!! Never had the chocolate variety.

Soy would probably be a better option for me, since I'm lactose intolerant ;) Yup, I'm that dedicated to cow juice!! I just take a Lactaid before I drink any! ;)

Chocolate Almond milk is my favorite. I hate milk; soy, rice, cows...I hate it all, but chocolate almond milk...I live for it.
  • KnottyRae
    Options

Chocolate Almond milk is my favorite. I hate milk; soy, rice, cows...I hate it all, but chocolate almond milk...I live for it.

My daughter went berserk this morning because she caught me chugging her chocolate almond milk straight out of the carton. :) I couldn't help it!!!! NOM NOM NOM
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Be careful with the almonds. Read a story called the land lady. Bitter almonds are the taste of cyanide.
    I'd rather take my chances with the gross milk.

I like Silk soy milk, I get vanilla, but they have chocolate. Never tried the almonds. I need to now.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    You just took a swig so you should be ok. Inducing vomiting is not a good idea, even poison control does NOT recommend such actions for substances much more dangerous than expired milk.

What you NEED to do is bring the expired bottle(s) back to the store and get a refund and if the cashier is cranky, threaten legal action in a calm professional manor just for fun ;)
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Definitely contact the company!! They 100% of the time will send a replacement coupon for the bad item. Ive never experienced a time when they didn't.