A Bad Start To The Day

Options
seal57
seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
Hi all,

I got a call from a dear friend whose car just happened to break down where I live...Good for me because I got to see for the first time in years...but not for them as the repairs cost them heaps......

The bad part was that I didn't have time for breakfast...Her youngest son had some smarties so he shared them with me.....Next was lunch and there wasn't much to chosse so I had a steak and kidney pie and a coke zero.....I searched the database but the brand ain't there...

So how do I go about adding this to my food diary?....

Replies

• robinsoj
    robinsoj Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Click the 'Food' tab at the top of the screen. From there you can enter a food item or a recipe. Food items are simply copying the nutritional information off of the package, and recipe is a combination of already entered food items.

To create a food item select the 'My Food' sub tab. Then click the green 'create food' button. Follow the wizard and you're done. You'll have the option of adding it to the database or keeping it private. If you are the first to 'discover' an item, then by all means share it with the community.

To create a recipe select the 'Recipes' sub tab. Then click the green 'Enter new recipe' button. From there you will add food items like your normal daily logging. This is a great place to put in your family's favorite meals.

Best of luck with your weight loss.
  • seal57
    Options
    Thanks...

I purchased the pie from a pie shop and they don't list the info I need...I even checked their website but no help there either.....
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Just search "steak and kidney pie" in the database. You will probably find lots of entries, I would usually pick one that is somewhere in the middle, not the highest calorie entry, not the lowest.
    Don't stress too much about it, there will be lots of occasions where you don't have exact info, and remember that every food you enter into your diary is an estimate - and they will probably balance each other out :smile:
  • seal57
    Options
    Thanks.....