After a binge:

Options
I have a question, let’s say you binge one day and feel bad about it, should you eat less the next day? What’s the best way to go about it?

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    I don't binge..but when I go off my eating plan, I just jump right back on and don't try to compensate. Try not to do the all or nothing approach. Balance is what you want.
  • st0753353
    st0753353 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    To me that’s what binging is, if I go off my eating plan or eat something bad, thanks for the replys.
  • hope25
    hope25 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I ate a ton last night. It started with one treat before dinner and turned into eating more and more. After I got a grip and a stomachache I logged as best as I could remember and am moving on. I. Not planning to eat less today, but am planning to stay on plan. I have already made a plan to keep it from happening again today.
  • bbhe
    bbhe Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I like to remember that binge eating would be really natural...if I were a cave person...and think of it as a part of the cycle of things... I feel like that helps me stay on track with my health goals. The next day, I eat according to how I feel. I might not want breakfast...so I call that intermittent fasting (not the shameful "binge and purge" labels". I might feel like I just need a salad or something light at lunch. I also just drink a ton of water. I would back log it if possible, too. Just so I can see what was I craving so badly that I went off course??? Maybe I just need a bit more fat in my diet? Or more carbs? Or a vitamin??
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    I have a question, let’s say you binge one day and feel bad about it, should you eat less the next day? What’s the best way to go about it?

What do you consider a binge? That's the REAL question.
  • noelr56
    noelr56 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have issues with binge-ing. My definition of binge: eating large quantities (of anything) past the point of satiation, could be any kind of food- from rice cakes to reese's cups. Generally, I consider a binge any type of overeating due to emotions or boredom. I try to log everything that I consumed (cue the guilt!) but as other posters have mentioned, it's important to build healthy habits and being accountable and logging everything is part of my healthy habit.

The next day, or later that day, I do NOT starve myself because that sets me up for an unhealthy mindset - "well, I ate barely anything yesterday so today I can eat more of xyz" and which would encourage a binge cycle, constantly over and under eating in an attempt at balance. I just commit to my healthy eating habits the next day (or later in the day) after a binge and focus on the long term goal, not the short term setback.

• pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    A well-fed person fueling their body with flavorful and nutritious foods, even in slight-deficit calorie amounts, is less likely to binge. My personal opinion.
  • adotbaby
    adotbaby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I, too, have occasional binge days. Usually it just lasts a day or two, and I get back on the program. I try to increase my exercise and water for a few days afterwards, to try and flush out the excess. Get back on the horse after you are thrown off.