Emergency support needed

Options
I have been eating under my calorie goal (I hope I didn't underestimate some of the foods) and exercised a few times a week. This week I worked out 45 minutes every day (calisthenics). I feel fat!!!! I feel I have more fat in my "muffin top" than usual, I feel my thighs getting bigger...I am getting stronger, but I feel my muscles are growing and so are my fat cells...so I am getting bigger. I am 8 days before my period, I soooooooo hope it's water retention, but to feel my love handles and belly bigger???? Is that normal? Please tell me it will go away!

Replies

• 7destiny
    7destiny Posts: 31
    Options
    It sounds like you are doing great! Exercising and watching what you eat! I suspect it is your period keeping water in your body, too. Wait til after its over before panicking!
  • akashastrega
    Options
    Remember that as your muscles build, you will get bigger before you get leaner, and since you are so close to your cycle, it is very possible that your hormones are going crazy and you are retaining. Try not to panic. The body will go through a few changes before it settles into the lean, mean machine it should be.

Also, don't go too much under your daily calories or you could trigger your body into thinking it is starving then it will start storing fat.
  • idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Remember that as your muscles build, you will get bigger before you get leaner, and since you are so close to your cycle, it is very possible that your hormones are going crazy and you are retaining. Try not to panic. The body will go through a few changes before it settles into the lean, mean machine it should be.

Also, don't go too much under your daily calories or you could trigger your body into thinking it is starving then it will start storing fat.
    I get bigger before I get leaner???? I didn't know that! Would like to know more about that subject. I eat at least 1200 calories per day, maybe underestimating some.
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    If you are not eating at least some of your exercise calories back (netting 1200 min) then your body will resist your efforts to drop weight.

Also make sure you are drinking plenty of water. The best and healthiest way to drop water weight believe it or not is to drink more water.

If you feel heavy due to constipation or anything like that try a serving or two of prunes. They will flush you right out.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I never realised before mfp, but my TOM does bizarre things to my weight. Afterwards it suddenly drops, and if I'm trying to lose, to a weight below where I started. Hang on in there!

When I started the 30 Day Shred my muscles seemed suddenly bigger too, and I finally realised that the fat feeling I'd had as a teenager was actually due to carrying a lot of muscle compared to some. Our perceptions of our bodies are so often out of kilter with reality, and it doesn't help when our scales are in cahoots with our brains!