Recent changes... Steps in the right direction! Self intro

Options
hello

I'm from Alberta, Canada and am a former broadcaster who discovered that sitting all day and talking to yourself can lead to quickly getting out of Shape and in fact into the worst shape of my life. I have left an industry that lead to long hours and low pay and have made many changes along the way... The most recent has been trying to make healthy choices and improvements. While I have tried to find ways that work for me, I also have to be honest with my self and others! It's not just flipping a switch and everything is changed... Nor are the choices and decisions I make correct or the best. I am trying to find something that works for me! I have started to track what I eat and be more conscious of these decisions! I want to lose weight first and then start focusing on regaining strength and stamina.

What am I looking for on here? A form and maybe some support from friends new or old who have gone through and are going through this also.

My biggest challenge is finding foods that work for me... My wacky hours and shifts. The app has allowed me to plan but am relying on a lot of shakes and supplements because I am a picky eater and also find that I have little time in the morning. I also find that the first meal is really hard to load up on because I'm used to a bowl of cereal or just a big lunch... A habnir I have changed. Any ideas for quick and easy meals that I can take with me to work would be great... I even just bought a little camp BBQ for at work to try and create some more options and variety.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and allow me this outlet to express what's going on in my world. If you would like to be pRt of this step for me feel free to msg and ask questions... It's that kinda support that I find can help us all find new ways to accomplish our goals and more!

Replies

• adk88
    adk88 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Whoa!! Someone else from Alberta! Awesome, haven't ran into that yet. I have only been a member for a month or so, but I am loving it so far. The people here are awesome support for one another and have a lot of great advice. Feel free to add me, and best of luck on your journey. :)
  • unlockthebox
    unlockthebox Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks to those who have added me as a friend and sent messages