Anyone else with "healthy" BMI, but size 14 pants?

Options
I have recently transitioned into the much yearned for "healthy BMI" category - I am now at 155 lb, and 5ft 7in. Even though I am really happy about this, what would make me happier is to have access to a larger variety of cute pants. So many stores have a wimpy selection when they come up to size 14. (I started at about 167 lb, and size 14/16, and I am now at size 14, 34in waist)

I was wondering if there are any other people with the same body type, and if so, what is your goal weight. I am asking because I suspect that for my body shape (not at all well endowed upstairs), 155 is not in fact a healthy weight. Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this.

Replies

• Mitchlou84
    Mitchlou84 Posts: 135
    Options
    I am the complete opposite, am in size 14 trousers (UK that is) but my BMI is still 38.5. I am incredibly heavy on top, GG boobs and weight on tummy and arms rather than bum, hips or legs!

I'm not sure where you're from though so if those sizes are the same! I'm not yet a 14 in higher waisted trousers though. They are still snug round my waist but hang off my legs!
  • ziggy67
    ziggy67 Posts: 351
    Options
    Well I too am in healthy BMI territory now and wear size 14/16 pants. I am 5ft 10 and weigh 172lb...the problem for me is my waist is 31" but my hips are 44" so I have a problem getting the size 14 over my butt and the 16 is far too big round the middle...for me at the moment it is all about finding the right cut to get a comfortable fit. My goal is to get down to 168lb and another 2" off my hips then hopefully I'll be able to get into those levi's I've always dreamed about!
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 5.5" at 145 , 23.8 bmi, and I'm a size 10 in jeans and though they are fitting more comfortably lately I haven't seen an actual drop in pant size for a good 15 pounds now.

I'm starting to realize that my hips are pretty wide (I can actually see my hip bones now) and that I'll probably never be a size 4 or even a 6.

My original goal weight was 140 but now I'm so close to that and I can still grab a handful of belly and back fat I'm going to aim for 135 then work on toning up.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Is that a UK 14?

Realistically, in the UK, sizes vary so wildly from one shop to the next, that I'd say the size of your trousers is irrelevant. The number on the clothes label is worse than meaningless, I think.

Do you feel good? Do you think you look nice in your clothes? If so, I don't think you should be concerned.
  • anberlingasm
    Options
    Is that a UK 14?

Realistically, in the UK, sizes vary so wildly from one shop to the next, that I'd say the size of your trousers is irrelevant. The number on the clothes label is worse than meaningless, I think.

Do you feel good? Do you think you look nice in your clothes? If so, I don't think you should be concerned.

This, definitely. UK sizes vary so much between shops that there's really no point worrying about it!
  • bpe101
    bpe101 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'7 and started at 166 and am at 151 now. My target weight is 135. However, I am pretty busty because of my two pregnancies.
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    in the UK, sizes vary so wildly from one shop to the next, that I'd say the size of your trousers is irrelevant. The number on the clothes label is worse than meaningless, I think.

This, definitely. UK sizes vary so much between shops that there's really no point worrying about it!

Agreed - I have clothes that fit me that range from a 20 to a 30. Now i "know" I'm not a size 30, but if it fits i'll buy it. Ignore the label I say!!!
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    im 5ft8 and currently 170 and im praying to be your weight by xmas. i am a size 14 uk on the bottom and a 12-14 on top
    i have been 150 once before however it didnt last and i manage to get into a size 10 but i felt unhealthy and i looked pale and to be honest not good

my healthy weight is 156
  • polly_polly
    polly_polly Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    No, sadly it's a US size. I forgot I am posting at a time when much of the US is asleep, but the UK is wide awake :) And, judging by when I feel good is great advice. Of course, it means I have ways to go...
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Yep! I HATE PANTS! Healthy BMI now 5'11, size 14, but they are too big in places, and 12s are too small in places..just dealing with sizing when you are a tall girl is tough....length is always an issue too!
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I'm also on the opposite side, fit into a 14 pant, maybe even a 12 at a squeeze, but far from a healthy BMI, damn height!
  • Alexandria1213
    Alexandria1213 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I noticed you mentioned it's hard to find pants. Its hard for me too but the opposite for me [im 5'10 and a store i like to shop at is called Wet Seal. They go up to size 18 and they have pants "short" and "tall" and their not very expensive either
  • tashmash2011
    Options
    I'm pretty much the same i have a bmi of 24.5 which is in the healthy range, although im teetering near overweight, i'm 5"6 and 151pounds, im a size 14 pants and top. Even though im in the healthy range im aiming to lose another 11 pounds and hopefully bring my BMI down to around 22 as i dont feel happy or healthy as i am now even though i'm not considered overweight.
    I have the same problem as a few of you on this post a size 14 pants fit my waste but are too big around my legs, i'm sort of in the middle and working to fit comfortably in a size 12.